8 - The Park

The long waited Saturday arrived, and both teens were equally excited. Marinette woke up early without any strugle. She scretched as she walked to the kitchen. She gave a kiss to her mother on the cheek and sat down on the table to have breakfast.

"Hey, honey, I've made the caramel cookies you love so much. Want some?" Sabine commented her daughter.

"Sure mom, thank you," then the light flicked above Marinette's head "Are there more?".

"Yes, there are quite a lot actually. Why Mari?" Sabine asked as she handed Marinette a plate with 5 caramel cookies, a glass of milk and another plate with two toasts with butter.

"I was wondering if maybe, I can take some pastries to the... Hang out I'm having with a friend?... Like a picnic" the bluenette said, hoping her mother would accept her request.

"Oh, sure dear. We have a picnic basket downstairs" her mother said, smiling.

"Thanks mom" Marinette finally thanked and started eating the food her mother gave her.

Marinette thought it would be a good idea to have a picnic with Chat, so they could... Chat a little. Pun not intended. She wanted to know more about him, besides his eye and hair color, age, preferences. She wanted to know more about his life. She finished eating and went upstairs. She made her bed, grabbed her handmade dress and headed to the bathroom to shower. Some minutes later she came out wearing a beautiful red dress with black polka dots all over it. It was sleeveless with strips and had a thick black belt above her waist. The rest of the dress looked like an upside down bloomed flower, with lace at the end. The dress didn't reach the half of her thighs, that's why she was using a pair of tight, black shorts. Her shoes were just red flats, with a little bow on the end. She firstly thought of using her hair down, but decided to use her classic pigtails. That way, she would know if he really would accept her the way she is.

Marinette checked her phone and it showed that Chat had sent her a message. She quickly unlocked it and read the message.

Chat Noir: Princess, we didn't arrange an hour 😁.

The hour! How could we forget the hour? What hour is it... 9:35... Okay, cool.

Ladybug: Yeah... Silly us 😂. How about 10 am?

Char Noir: Sounds great to me.

Ladybug: Okay then... Oh, and I'm taking food.

Chat Noir: Really? Cool! What kind of food?

Ladybug: 🍪🍬🍮

Chat Noir: Sweet, sweets!

Ladybug: Nooo the puns!

Chat Noir: 😝

Ladybug: See ya there kitty.

Chat Noir: See you there M'Lady 😘.

He sent her a kiss. Chat Noir just sent her a freaking kiss. And now she was practically fangirling over a text. Her crush on him was really strong. She hoped she liked him in real life... But, she didn't need to worry. How can you hate someone you don't know?

~~~

Somewhere else a boy was finishing dressing. He was using a pair of white pants and a pair of black sneakers with light green laces. For the top half of his body he was using a black T-shirt with a white cat paws on the bottom right corner. On top of it he was using a light green shirt, open so it showed what was under it.

###

9:47 am

The boy went out of his home and walked to the park, wanting to enjoy of the sunny day.