I Didn't Know I'm a Rogue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dedicated to danabm, who i doubt even knows of my existence cuz she's just a mad awesome writer!

Her story was the first werewolf story, possibly even the first story story if i remember correctly, that i read on wattpad. So go check out Mate or Not, You're Still a Jerk (if you haven't already, that it ;) )

I'm determined not to make this a cliche!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't know what the big deal is!" I said angrily, "He's just a boy!"

"That is a big deal," said my dad firmly. "He's a human, not one of our kind."

I turned to my mom, exasperated, but she just shook her head. "I'm sorry, Ty, but your father's right about this.

"This isn't fair!" I yelled, balling my hands into fists. My dad told me to stop, but I ignored him. "This is pure bullshit. I've never met another werewolf because you are guys are against it for some reason, yet you won't let me hang out with human boys. Do you guys enjoy making it your personal mission to make my life hell?"

My father's eyes narrowed. "Go to your room and stay there until dinner." I let out a sound of protest, but one look from my dad and I knew it was hopeless.

"I hate you!" I screamed, and I stomped up the stairs to my room and slammed the door shut behind me. I ripped off my backpack and threw it against the wall. There was a loud cracking sound and my eyes widened in realization.

I unzipped the front pocket of my backpack and pulled out my cell phone to find the screen covered in spider web cracks. I tried turning it on, but there was too much internal damage. It chucked it across the room and dropped onto my bed. Hot tears started to trickle from the corners of my eyes, and I didn't bother wiping them away.

Why were my parents so unfair! I mean, what's the harm in hanging out with a human boy? Maybe if my parents actually showed me another werewolf, I wouldn't want to be with a human boy. They probably wouldn't even have told me I was a werewolf had I not perform my first shift when I was six. I almost never shifted to my werewolf form, and my wolf hated it. We felt so suppressed and it was unnatural.

I let myself have a party for twenty minutes, and then I wiped the tears from my cheeks. I changed out of my school clothes, an outfit I had picked out just for that human boy, and into some red cloth shorts and a black hoodie. I pulled my hair up into a loose ponytail and settled at my desk with my homework.

If my parents didn't want me fraternizing with humans, they should have enrolled me in a public school.

I was about an hour into my algebra homework when I heard the undeniable sound of glass shattering. I stared at my door, wondering who had dropped what, when I heard a loud scream that sounded like my mom. My eyes widened, but I couldn't seem to move from my spot on my desk chair.

Hide! My wolf screamed. I snapped out of my stupor and I pulled myself under my bed. I had just gotten my feet fully under the bed and out from view when my bedroom door banged open. I realized that the way I had crawled under the bed made it so I was staring at my wall; I couldn't identify who was in my room. Now, all I could do was blindly pray that they wouldn't find me.

The floor creaked under the unidentified intruder's slow footsteps. I heard him open my closet and go through my drawers. A few more minutes passed and then I heard my door close. Thinking I was alone, I let out a sigh of relief.

I was wrong. Very wrong.

A pair of hands wrapped around my ankles, and I screamed as I was yanked from under my bed. I was pulled up to a standing position by my hair, and I found myself face to face with a man dressed all in black. There was one distinct smell that made me sick to my stomach; blood.