Spacing Out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

insert usualy blerb about errors here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Tyler's POV~~~

"Tyler!"

I jumped in my chair and tore my eyes from the window to see the entire chemistry class staring at me. "Uh, yeah?"

"I asked you a question," snapped my teacher. I just gave him a blank look and he narrowed his eyes at me. "What are the diatomic elements?" I glanced at Bo helplessly, and he mouthed something that I couldn't read. I started to scramble for something to say, and I was saved by the bell... literally. I lurched out of my seat and swiped my books off the desktop and into my backpack.

"Are you alright?" asked Bo as we filed out of the classroom.

"Yeah," I said quietly, and I looked away from the glare my teacher was sending me as I walked into the hallway. "I'm just distracted." Distracted wasn't even close; despite how hard I tried, my mind kept wandering back to Drake.

I'd gone over various scenarios in my mind of my recapture. It could happen at any time, but I figured Drake would go for a less public environment. I didn't know how many of the hunters were still alive other than Drake, so I had no idea if he had the manpower to attack the pack house. The thought of some of my pack members dying because I inadvertently led the hunters to the pack house scared me.

"Ty!"

I blinked and looked up at Bo's handsome face, creased with concern. "You were spacing out again."

"Oh," I replied, blushing deeply, "Sorry." Bo eyed me suspiciously, and then he grabbed my arm and started to drag me down the hallway in the complete opposite direction from my next class. "What?

Where are we going?" I protested shrilly, "Bo, seriously, what are you doing?"

He didn't reply, and I was forced to just follow along behind him out the front doors of the school and into the parking lot. Bo stopped next to his car and pointed to the passenger door. "Get in."

"You want to ditch?" I asked incredulously. Bo nodded and I gawked at him. "We could get in trouble!"

"It's Friday and I'll take the blame."

I stared at Bo for a moment, my arms crossed tightly across my chest. He gestured towards the passenger door and I sighed. "You're a terrible influence," I muttered, and he smiled broadly as I ducked into the car.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked curiously as we pulled out of the school parking lot.

"It's a surprise." I stared at the side of his face, and he turned and looked at me with an expression of amusement. I rolled my eyes and crossed my legs on the seat like a kindergartner. After a few minutes of silence, I heard Bo take a deep breath. "Why won't you let me in?"

"What?" I said quickly.

"You're distracted and I know why, and-"

"You don't know anything," I snapped, and instantly regretted the harsh tone to my voice.

"And whose fault is that!"Bo replied, and I could hear the hurt in his voice. "You're my mate. I can feel the pain you're in, and I feel powerless because I want to stop it, but I don't how. I don't know what happened to you for those three years and you don't seem to want to let me know." His eyes were glued to the road, but I could still see the pain in them.

I tried to say something, but I couldn't think of anything to tell him. I just shut my mouth and looked out the window, and a few minutes later, Bo pulled into the parking lot for a park. We sat there in silence for a while, not looking at each other. Finally, I made a decision. I didn't want to drive this wedge between Bo and I, and in order to do that, I was going to have to talk to him.