Welcome to Hell

~~~~~~~~~~~

It seemed like only five minutes had passed since I was locked in the room when the door to the room swung open.

Move away, ordered my wolf.

I quickly backed myself into a corner and wiped my nose and eyes on the cuff of my sleeve. Three men walked into the room with large lanterns, two of which I recognized as the men who had captured me.

The third, however, was unfamiliar. He looked to be in his mid-forties, and his hair was cut short to enhance his menacing features. There was an air of superiority to him, and I guessed he was a leader of some sort. "Welcome to Hell, Tyler Grayson," the man said, lifting his arms like a preacher.

"How do you know my name?"

"I know many things," he said simply.

Something about the way he said that seemed off and wrong. "Who are you?" I asked, my voice steady. "And don't give me your job description." I surprised myself with the last part.

The man chuckled, but it wasn't a pleasant sound. "My name is Drake." He took a step towards me and I tensed. I tried to conjure my shift, but nothing happened. Drake saw what I was trying to door and made a clucked his tongue. "Don't try to shift. We injected you with a suppressor, so you'll just be wasting your energy."

Now I was scared. I had no way to really defend myself. "What do you want from me?" I asked accusingly. I knew it wouldn't be at all good, but I wanted to be prepared for whatever they had planned for me.

"I want information." He said flatly.

"About what?"

"Werewolves."

"I don't know anything about any werewolves!" I said quickly. That was 100% true. My parents had kept me in the dark, so I knew almost nothing about my species.

"Liar!" Drake snapped, and he lunged at me. His hand gripped my neck and he slammed me against the wall. Pain erupted in the back of my head, and I almost didn't register him lift me off my feet. I could feel myself starting to black out, and I grabbed at his hand to keep him from strangling me. "You will tell me what you know," he hissed, and then he abruptly let go of my throat.

I landed painfully on my back and cradled my throbbing head in my hands. Drake left me there and turned to face the other men. "Go get the console and the wires," he barked, and they left the room for a moment before returning with things in their arms.

With the dim light their lanterns provided, I could make out a small wooden table with ties on the four legs. Drake handed his light to one of the men and he came back over to me. I pushed myself farther against the wall, desperate to get away, but he just yanked me up by my arm and pulled me over to the table, which he had called a console.

Drake brought his elbow hard into my back, and I fell onto the console. Suddenly, my arms and legs were grabbed and restrained tightly in the straps, and my face was forced to stare at the floor. I was now trapped.

"What's the name of your pack?" questioned Drake.

"I don't know what a pack is," I replied quietly and honestly.

"You're lying!" he hissed.

"I'm not!" I cried. Drake didn't answer, and I felt my shirt yanked up so that my whole back was exposed. I heard a shuffling noise, and then the sound of something unwinding. I was very aware of Drake hovering over me, but I wasn't sure what he was doing.

Suddenly, there was an agonizing pain in my back. I screeched and tears started to stream from my eyes. Drake pushed the wire deeper into my skin, and I stopped breathing. My mouth was open in a silent scream, and I couldn't move.