National Clean Your Virtual Desktop Day

21. October. 2007.

p a r t   3   o f   3

Insane.

Crazy.

Weird.

A mistake.

I say:

Misunderstood.

Ignorant.

Oblivious.

and Incompetent

to the world around them.

*     *     *     *     *

So she deleted my book and forced me to start over and sure: Sonny and Oscar's ending was oblivion and okay: I hurt my arm jumping out of Connor's car and now he's in jail for kidnapping and my mother is not the most mentally competent person in the world; and Michelle doesn't know how to give people gifts or hide pregnancy or the fact that she's gay and I am not so terrified of high school anymore and I will never be Kitty or Nightcrawler and I have a lot of negative memories involving my home, my family, my friends, and places I've been and I can never stop time.

But I can go to the store. After all, even though it reminds me of Connor, I still love my root beer-flavored chapstick, that pee-wee gum and my Arizona. Maybe if I apply the chapstick, chew the gum and occasionally sip the soda, maybe -- just maybe -- my boobs will be brown and all will be well again.

But until, then I will sit still and awe at the wonder and stupidity that is the world. Maybe it'll make the moment last longer, make time stop for a breather. Won't you come and join me?