I Think I Love Him Grey

Gaius' eyes are wide with shock, fear crossing his face. "How do you know that Sire?" Gaius asked, almost unable to get the words out.

"I've has suspicions for quite some time. But it was confirmed for me when Merlin gave me some privacy to change into his cloths. You know just as well as I do that Merlin has very light, powerful blue eye, so when he walks away with those kinds of eyes and walks back with grass green eye I'm bound to notice. I know I'm oblivious to most thing, but with Merlin..." Arthur signs.

"You're not as oblivious anymore." Gaius states, Arthur just nods his head. "Then why not tell him."

"Because nothing could ever happen between us." Arthur states, slight anger in his voice, but his town spoke hurt.

"Sire, everyone deserves to be with the one they love, and nothing should ever stand in the way of that. What is more important Sire? Your father's happiness...or your happiness?" Gaius asked, Arthur seemed to finally come to realisation.

"Your right. My father can't stop me from being happy, I will be King on day, and when that day comes I'm going to lift the bard on magic, so Merlin can finally have the freedom he deserves. And if Merlin agrees...I would like him there by my side, but as more than just my servant, and much more than my friend." Arthur more or less ordered his speech, Gaius smiled at the happy prince. This was the happiest Gaius has seen the young prince in years, it was nice to see him this happy. "I'll go talk to my father now."

"Sire, I thought you were supposed to be defending people from a terrifying beast." Gaius stated with a sarcastic smile on his face.

"Then I'll talk to him after the tournament." Arthur stated, determined to talk to his father as soon as possible.

"Sire, when you do tell your father about your feeling, perhaps it would be best to leave out the part that Merlin is a sorcerer. Your father might not take it so well." Gaius explains seriously.

"But I can't just lie to him." Arthur states.

"I did not say, don't tell him. I was simply saying to not menschen when you tell him that you are in love with Merlin, unless you fell you could tell him gently that you are in love with a male servant who also happens to be a sorcerer that has used his magic continuously since he arrived in Camelot." Gaius explains softly, trying to get it through Arthur that it might be too much for Uther to take in, and saying Merlin has magic to Uther really wasn't a good move.

"I think that if I tell father how much I'm in love with someone, the when father asks who it is I tell him it Merlin, he may freak out a bit but as long as I keep saying good thing about Merlin he may start calming down, the I accidently bring up his magic by saying..." Arthur wasn't quite sure how to bring it up if this was going to work.

"By saying, how many times he has saved both you and Camelot many times with his magic." Gaius suggested, Arthur's eyes lit up as he smiled wildly.

"Yes! But I'll need you to tell me everything he has done, because he's really good at hiding his magic." Arthur proclaimed happily.

"It would be my pleasure Sire." Gaius stated simply.

"Thank you Gaius!" And with that Arthur through on his clock, and ran out the door with a smile on his face, and existent shining over his body, the door quickly closed, and Gaius chuckled. Suddenly, a bright light came from where Merlin is lying.

"Merlin...what are you doing?" Then they light shone brighter than the sun, Gaius closed his eye at the brightness, and once it started to dim he opened them back up to find Merlin's golden magic coming from his body to the spot next to the bed making a wolf shape, once the golden light finished flowing to the wolf shape next to him it flashed and spread out and there stood a pure black wolf with golden eyes. "How is this even possible?" Gaius whispered. He'd never seen anything like it.

The wolf huffed as he shook his head, he headed to the front door and scratched at it, Gaius chuckled. "You really care for him, don't you?" Gaius asked lightly, the wolf turned around and nodded with embarrassment in his eyes. Gaius walked to the door, "Say hidden and stay safe." With that Gaius opened the door, the wolf waged its fluffy tail and stocked up against Merlin's leg once very quickly before running out the door to get back to Gwen's before Arthur.

He soon found himself passing a really happy Arthur Pendragon, which was strange. He could think of nothing that would bring this much happiness to the Prince. He quickly shook off the thought as he arrived at Gwen's. Gwen was very shocked to find him there but before he could explain, Arthur returned. Arthur had practically ordered Gwen to sleep in her own bed, and the wolf smiled, Arthur sat up and waited for Gwen to fall asleep.

"Grey, come here boy." Arthur called quietly, and he obeyed, sitting right in front of Arthur. Arthur looks into those amazing golden eyes and smiles softly. "I can tell that you are very loyal to Merlin, and I can understand why. He's a good man...he's very loyal and brave which is why I'm not surprised you're the exact same with him. I know the reason you don't like me is because you don't like the way I treat Merlin, and I have no doubt he's told you a lot about me." He signs with a slight chuckle think about how Merlin's more than likely complained about him. "But you have to understand that the reason I push Merlin away and treat him the way I do is because..." Arthur pauses. "Because I care about him...too much. In fact, I think I may even be in love with him. No, I do love him. Since the day we met there was a connection between us, before I couldn't wait to see the look on his face when I gave him so many chores to do...now, it's because I don't like it when he's not there. I can't stand it." Arthur looks at the wolf who has shock on his face, but then it changes into a soft smile, that also seem devilish in a way. "Look, I know full well animals can't talk, but if you say a thing to Merlin you're going to wish you hadn't." Grey's smile grows into one of affection, and by using his teeth he pulls Arthur in for a hug, which Arthur gladly returns. "I'm so glad that you understand me as much as Merlin, and I'm glad that we are now friends, well...friendly. But, don't worry...I know full well that if I go to fare in the wrong direction with Merlin you'll bit my head off." With that Arthur pulled away as they both chuckled. Just before Arthur puts his head down on the potato sakes, Grey lays down and when Arthur feels the soft fur he looks at Grey, whose head now rested on a potato sake right next to Arthur shoulder. Arthur places a hand on his head. "Thank you." With a single stroke of Arthur's hand, and smiles on both their faces, they soon fell asleep.

Please comment and vote :) thank you