The Threat To Camelot

"The next thing I wish to talk about is a sorcerer named Sargon who wishes to destroy the world starting with Camelot, but in order to do this he needs to kill a grate sorcerer named Emrys, but apparently Emrys is the most powerful warlock to ever live. As much as I hate sorcery, we must find this Emrys and bring him to Camelot for protection." Uther explained the situation, and both Merlin's shift uncomfortably where they sit.

"How are we going to find this Emrys? How does Sargon expect to destroy Camelot? Surely he knows we won't go down without a fight." Arthur asks, and Neerg squeezes his hand when he asks how we are going to fine Emrys, hoping Arthur would understand. Arthur squeezed back to comfort Neerg and Merlin, knowing that Merlin could feel what Neerg felt. He understood Neerg was squeezing his hand for a reason, was Merlin trying to tell Arthur he knew who Emrys was? Perhaps he's trying to tell Arthur he's scared?

"That is where I am hoping Merlin's wolf will come in handy." Uther stated pointing to Merlin in his wolf form.

"Defiantly, since Grey is a creature of magic, he can find anyone or anything that poses it." Neerg spoke clearly, not knowing where he got the confidence from but decided not to question it. Uther smiles a pleased smile.

"As for Sargon destroying Camelot...he has been seen with a dragon that calls itself Burns the Destroyer but more commonly known as The Dragon of Death. He is said to be the only dragon that can ignore a dragon lord, even when they speak in dragon tongue." Uther explained, Grey whined a little and Neerg tried to swallow the lump in his through. "He is said to be the deadliest dragon to ever live, his scales are the shade of all the blood he's spilled upon the floor, his flames sun hot and quicker than most dragons, truly a dragon to be feared. Not even I dared to try and destroy The Dragon of Death himself." Uther stated looking quite frightened himself.

"How do we defeat him?" Arthur asked, his voice cracking a bit. He'd defiantly heard of this dragon before. It would appear Arthur wasn't the only one with secrets.

"It is imposable, many have tried and failed. Gaius says the only hope we have of defeating this dragon is to prey that I didn't kill its opposite when I set out to destroy all dragon kind...The Dragon of Light." Uther told them truthfully.

"What does this dragon look like?" Asked Merlin, Uther looked at the black wolf in shock. "Do not be afraid, the reason I can speak is because I'm using magic to allow myself to do so." He explained quickly, it was a lie, but Uther seemed to calm. "I must know what he looks like if I'm going to help find The Dragon of Light." Grey said, determination in his voice. Though this wasn't exactly true, if Merlin really was a magical wolf he could just use his sense of smell, but since it was just a disguise he needed to know what it looked like if he was going to try finding it.

"Gaius says she's a pure golden dragon, eyes of yellow and flames a golden, blue colour apparently a very beautiful dragon." Uther told the wolf, finding it strange that he was talking to a wolf.

"She is." Stated Neerg, now Merlin has never seen The Dragon of Light, but the way she is described in book and the very few painting that where of her showed a beauty indeed. "However, she was said to have fled to the havens years ago after their last fight to become the sun, whilst The Dragon of Death was forced into the depths of hell, which created the balance of earth, dark and light. If one is to leave where they belong, that element will start corrupting the world. It would take a very powerful sorcerer to free The Dragon of Death, one even more so to free The Dragon of Light." Neerg explained with such depth, it was like they were sitting with someone who had lived through the experience before. His knowledge was wise and insightful, one of experience, truth and confidence.

"I must say I am impressed Merlin. How do you so much about dragons?" Uther asked, starting to get a bit curious.

"I have almost every book on dragons, they were creatures of greatness in my village. However, the best stories were of the mighty men brave enough to fight them." Merlin felt a bit sick saying that, but he couldn't let Uther know he was a sorcerer or a dragon lord. "The best stories wore the ones that came from Camelot and of the king that could destroy them with ease." Merlin felt like he was going to physically throw up now, he hated talking about dragons in this way, but he had no choice. "Once my mother told me I'd be coming to Camelot, I decided to learn everything about dragons I could just in case one would attack that was difficult to defeat." Neerg explained rubbing the back of his neck in a way that said he was kind of embraced, but he honestly didn't know how he knew all that about dragons. He'd never read it in a book, Guise has never told him such stories, even the Great Dragon had never spoken word of such a legend. So where had it all come from?

"So, how do we stop such a creature." Arthur asked Neerg, believe this was indeed something Merlin had learnt because he wanted to know everything he could about them before coming to Camelot.

"Isn't it obvious Arthur? Merlin said that only the Dragon of Life could defeat him, and the only one that could summon her is the most powerful sorcerer, and since all the stories I've heard about Emrys being the most powerful. We will make him summon the Dragon of Life to save Camelot, and in return I will pardon him of his crimes on the promise he never again uses magic." Uther explained with an evil glint in his eye, Merlin swallowed deeply fearing Uther wasn't being as truthful as he was trying to appear. Arthur nods his head somewhat hesitantly not wanting to raise suspicious but also not liking the look in his fathers eyes. Uther sent them to try and find this Emrys before the attack hit, whilst he gathers the men to fight off the army Sargon has gathered.

When Arthur, Neerg and Merlin reach Arthur's chambers Neerg closes the doors. Merlin changes back into himself and releases his magic and Neerg turns into a leaf which Merlin throws out the window, then looks at Arthur in pure fear. "Merlin what's wrong?" Arthur asks as he walks up to Merlin.

"I'm more than just a sorcerer Arthur. I'm also a dragon lord which I think is how I knew all that stuff about dragons, but I can't be sure until I ask the great dragon who you already know of because Gaius told you about him when I was unconscious...right?" Merlin asks to conform that Arthur was told of the dragon. Arthur nods his head. "Well, I'm also the one we're supposed to be looking for." Merlin proclaims, and sits down on the bed. Arthur comes over to Merlin and sits down on the bed next to him and nudges Merlin with his elbow.

"Merlin...guess what?" Arthur asks with a slight smile.

Merlin looks at Arthur with confusion. "What?" Merlin replies.

"I found Emrys." Arthur answers, Merlin smiles and he chuckles at Arthur's stupid joke. "Don't worry, father won't find out. I'll go out into battel with him and tell him that you think you can find a way to summon the Dragon of Life with your extensive knowledge of dragons." Arthur suggests, which makes Merlin look unsure.

"I don't know if I can do that Arthur, I don't know the full extent of my powers yet. Also, I can't use a lot of it yet." Merlin looks defeated. "Also, even if I could potentially do it, doesn't your excuse seem a little fare fetched? I know Uther can be a little blind sided, but I'm pretty sure even he might see through this one. I was surprised he didn't suspect anything when I started talking as Grey for crying out loud!" Merlin was getting himself worked up, so Arthur put his arm around Merlin, pulling him right into his side and kissed his cheekbone softly to calm his rightly frantic love.

"You can do it Merlin. You'll find a way." Arthur kisses Merlin passionately, and brakes apart after a while. "Because you always find a way" Arthur continues, making Merlin smile. "Also, I can't exactly use the excuse 'Merlin's at the tavern', can I?"

Merlin gave Arthur a slightly funny look"Try telling Gaius that." The comment made them both laugh. Merlin smiled at Arthur, letting out a calming breath, he didn't quite realise he'd been holding. "How is it, you always know what to say?" Merlin asks his love.

"I could ask you the same thing." Arthur replies in a whisper. Merlin blushes and goes to leave so Arthur can get some rest, for tomorrow he was going into battle. Arthur quickly grabs Merlin's arm, making him stop in his tracks. "Please stay." Merlin kisses Arthur on the forehead.

"Ok." He whispers before kissing Arthur on the lips. Arthur got dressed into his nightwear, and Merlin borrowed a pair from Arthur. Merlin got dressed behind the dresser Arthur had, because he was used to having privacy when getting dressed. Seeing the clothing was too big for Merlin's thin body, made Arthur really wish that the trousers would just fall down showing everything off, but Merlin kept a form grip of the fabric to ensure it wouldn't fall down. Soon, they were in bed together, holding each other close just listening to the other's heartbeat, quickly falling becoming comfortable in each other's arms, feeling safe and at peace as they took in each other's heat and sent, letting sleep take over.

Please vote and comment, thank you 😊