Chapter 4: Or Else She'll Turn You Into Frogs

About the picture...I just had to! And yes, I did make all my characters on Bitstrips.

"Are you sure that you're okay?"

I tightened my grip on bag as I listened to mom ask me the same question she's been repeating for the last ten minutes. Describing mom, dad, and my little sister's face expressions when I came home looking like I got hit by a truck, was not exactly something I was able to do. Blame my writing, but it was a confusing combination of irritation, joy, and unhappiness.

It took me everything I had not to scream in frustration because of all the work I had that wasn't done, and there they were, my mom and dad standing with their hands crossed on their chests, demanding that they know every single detail of why I came home looking like the undead. Yeah, it was such an amazing night.

"Yeah, I am."

I nodded and twirled my car keys on the end of my pointer finger as I whistled the tone of my favorite song. Because of the hideous injury decorating my knees in a way, making it more horrendous than a zombie's, I decided to take my red Honda to school.

It took only took three minutes, and I was already facing the black gates that were decorated with a tiny, golden fleur-de-lis at each end

***

As Mrs. Green kept explaining yet another equation in her croaky voice, I hid my biology sheet below my Algebra 2 book and struggled to finish my incomplete homework.

That was when I felt someone poke my back, but I decided to brush it aside because it was probably Zach asking for a pen; he enjoyed torturing my pens.

This time, my back was poked two times. I groand as my eyebrows furrowed in anger, and I stomped my foot, only to end up having my knees in pain.

After stopping it for about three minutes, I thought that the poking has finally stopped, but I was proved wrong when I got poked three times. That was it. I was going to kill him.

"Do it one more time, and I'll make your death look like an ac—" My eyes widened when I turned to find Cassidy, who's eyebrows weren't moving an at all as she twirled her straight, dirty blonde hair around her index finger.

"Bridgit, right?" I nodded at her question. "Mind if I sit beside you?" She pointed at the empty seat beside me with the pink pen in her other hand.

Sit beside me? Great, because that was what I was waiting for. I shrugged and forced a small smile. "Sure."

She moved with her polka dotted pencil case from Zach's desk, landing safely on the seat beside me without the teacher realizing. I scanned the class quickly with my eyes, failing to spot the annoying redhead. Zach was absent. Was it my lucky day, or what?

A sickeningly sweet smell made its way to my nose, making me scrunch it as I looked at Cassidy. The tips of my eyebrows were close enough to touch as I furrowed them, finding it hard to bear the poison that Cassidy called "perfume".

My body tensed when I felt another poke from someone else.

"Hey, can I borrow a pencil?"

So maybe it wasn't my lucky day. Instead of the aggravating redhead, I found Matthew, who was trying his best not to burst out laughing at my pissed off face.

"Why do you look like you want to kill every single person in the universe?"

Maybe because I do?

I clenched my fists. I wasn't sure why I did that, maybe because I wasn't the type of person to meet you once and then... Bam! We're besties!

Nope.