6| Entering The World of Ghouls

--Yuna--

I walked the streets of the 20th ward looking for something to eat. I don't know what to do exactly, so I listened to my nose to find food.

My stomach is grumbling louder by the minute ,my head isn't right. While I kept chanting something.

Kill a person ......kill......and.... eat their flesh!!!

What?!

I came to my senses, surprised at what I had just said.
"What am I even doing here? Its almost though I'm turning into them
I hang my head and headed home.
Then a sweet scent hit me

I breathed in the inviting aroma

What's that smell? Meat.....meat!......meat!...... Drool dropped from my already watering mouth. I got excited, I hadn't eaten in a week so I'm really famished. This smells like my dad's home cooking when I was little. I don't know what its but it smells so familiar.

Where is it? Where? Where is it?! I constantly asked while
following the sweet scent. Running through the dim alley ways.

I stumbled on a pile of trash causing me to fall along with the garbage. I don't care about my well being now, I just want to eat.
I was smiling wildly, finally smiling for days I haven't smiled like this.

Its just around the corner and I'm there I can finally eat something.

When I reached the end of the corner. My wide smile slowly disappeared, what more to see when a gruesome show was happening.
A male ghoul feeding on a human the ghoul looked happy while he ate. He had long shaggy hair, dark brown skin and a pair of red eyes with black scleras.

No, this can't be real....

I fell to my knees the dirty ground still cold from not seeing the sun. This place looks like it has never seen the sun anyway. My eyes widen as I watch the show, I was terrified of what I was becoming.

"How..." I asked myself silently "How did I become enticed by the smell of a corpse!?"

This tears never stopped from falling since that accident. What am I gonna do now?! I'm turning into one of them.......

The ghoul noticed my sniffles. He stopped eating, glancing up to me. "You're a ghoul......right? What's wrong, are you okay?" the ghoul was kind I think, maybe even though he killed someone he was being considerate. But, I cant stop crying.

"My name's Kazuo,"The ghoul introduced himself "Its been a long time for me so, I can't share share much" he offered me an arm as in an actual arm. "please, have som- "

A leather shoe topped his head.

With a swift kick, his head flew, not finishing in mid sentence.
Blood squirted with his head. I still sat there wide eyed as some blood reached my cheeks.

"Sheesh don't go plundering my feeding grounds" a man probably in his early twenties said casually as he scratched the back of head.
He wore a sweater, had brown pants and large rectangular glasses. Had a nice color of brown in his hair. He was handsome for sure but, emitted a demonic aura and I could sense it. Strongly.

"Hmm... I never seen you here, you new?, well hey you only have one kakugan that's kinda creepy". He nonchalantly said.

"This is my feeding grounds so......" With a stride of brown and red grabbed my neck --hard-- he pushed me against the wall a few inches above the ground. His face turns serious as he stared at me with narrow eyes.

"I....didn't know... I just passed by" I barely said it under my breath, his strangling me, I can't push him off. My hands quivered I was losing precious oxygen.