9 |Applying To Be Minimum Wager Barista

I checked the time, clicking the little button on my phone

"8:57am." I say out loud before tucking the portable device into my pockets. Looking both ways before crossing the busy street with people, continuing with their daily lives.

I slowly made my way to the 20th ward's, Anteiku. It wasn't opening time yet so I walked in carefully to the entrance. With the chime of the golden bell from above the decorated oak door, the smell of the amazing coffee filled my nose once again. A sweet smile curved my lips, smelling the aroma of freshly the brewed caffeine.

A certain waitress greeted me without looking at my arrival, while she dried the dainty white coffee cups with a blue cloth, a welcoming smile placed her face (even though she was focused on her task) and considering that her bangs covered half of her face, she turned to me.

As soon as she saw me the warm smiled smile vanished as fast at it appeared earlier, it was now pulled into a frown. Thoughts instantly crawled at my mind recalling what happened yesterday.

The girl who punched me yesterday

The girl who saved me (kinda)

The girl I almost killed

Kirishima Touka. That was her name.

"Welcome to Anteiku." She replied without the charming persona she had before.

"Good morning Kirishima-san" I said with sheer awkwardness in my shaky voice, I balled up my hands. What the fudge is happening to me? I couldn't even look her in the eye

No other soul was present other than the two of us. Our eyes never locked as I looked at the other direction. Which is the glass panes at the table were I sat not so long ago with Kaneki.

I let out a breath of sadness, nostalgia was there

"I need to speak with the Manager, Kirishima-san" I looked at my black doll shoes. That twitched nervously, waiting for her answer. I thought she was going to reject my request.

"Sure." She placed the blue cloth on the counter and walked towards the staffroom. Maybe she was actually, kind?

"Follow me." She opened the door which revealed a set of stairs. Her back faced me, I nodded even she hadn't seen it and followed her as she commanded.

Uncomfortable awkward silence surrounded both of us. Still, I followed her. Without making a peep I surveyed the small hallway. The place was well maintained like any other apartment complex. Supposedly it house's ghouls who needed shelter away from the CCG.

I blankly followed the purple haired girl until we reached the end of the hall. As I was not a clumsy person I bumped into Touka causing her to oddly walk three steps ahead, her flailing arms regained her balance. Which she responded with a "Tch" She spun her heels and faced me immediately, with gritted teeth shot a death glare. A loud gulp was heard, from my now dried up throat.

"Watch where your going half breed." Coldly she stared 
at me, because of my accident.

"Sorry, I won't do it again." I quietly said, biting my lower lip and letting my head hung low, I feel like I'm useless.

She let out a exasperated sigh, and opened the door next to her, the greeting room I guessed.

"Go inside." With a blank face she ushered me to the room closing the door without her entering as she left me. Well it was a cozy place, like the shop below.

It contained; two medium sized greyish blue sofas, two recliners facing each other in an alternate pattern. A rectangular glass coffee table was centered accompanied with a round white rug below. A sturdy looking book shelf was on the right side filled with books and knickknacks Kaneki would probably love to read this in a day or so. In the left pictures were hung and a bird cage stood, odd enough it contained no chirping bird.