7|Want Meat?

The flesh jammed in my mouth, tears started to fall. The flavors were just right, all coming into place somehow. "Just swallow it, there's no need to worry anymore. The voice in the back of my head taunted me ferociously.

"No, I won't give in to this temptation"

As the girl loosened her grip, I bolted to the nearest corner, I placed my fist into my stomach and punched it hard. Which in turn caused me to vomit my first edible meal in the week.

"I-I cant....." I said between coughing and wheezing "eat.. this..I don't want to become a monster!"

Something snapped

As the words came out I charged at the young girl and in return for what happened earlier, I strangled her neck with both my hands and pushed her against the metal heater her feet dangling 10 centimeters above.

"I'm not like you monsters!" Spit started to once leave my hungry mouth again. My mind was clouded with frustration, anger and especially fear. "I'm human!" This made the girl widen her shown eye a bit.

I looked to the dirty ground still holding her neck with little force, I mumbled to my myself still having a hard time to breath.

"Everything has turned like hell ever since that day happened"
The feelings I've concealed to that day are now going all out.

"Hmp, everything has been like hell?, ha! Don't make me laugh," she said with a smirk.

"So, does this mean since the day I was born, my life was is completely f*cked up?!" Her gaze had changed and her cold piercing eyes stabbed me. As she did that I loosened my grip and that was when she balled her right hand into a fist and punched me hard in the cheek.

"Gah!" Was all I could say as I tasted something metallic in my mouth, slowly backed away, wincing from the pain. I feel like lost a tooth there, tenderly I touched the swollen part which would be now a huge bruise by tomorrow.

She just punched me. I can feel my right eye burn intensely. She brushed her left shoulder. And stared at me with those menacingly cold purple iris.

A quick silence appeared...still staring at me.

"Well I'll tell you something good, Starvation for any ghoul will feel utter hell and in your case this will be from two days from now try being a human and well see what happens" She shows her bloody red iris and black as the night sclera at me. "Half ghoul and half human there's no place for you!" I was prepared to fight as I clenched both my fists.

"That's enough you two" A old man possibly in his fifties had grey hair and wore a uniform from a coffee shop appeared, both of his eyes were closed and his hands were folded back . "Let's bring her in with us " he said after turning around.

"But Sir she's a half ghoul an-"

"Touka, its our policy in Anteiku to help fellow ghouls" The man cut her off before she could protest anything else. He seemed to be the boss so took heed in his command, She clenched her fists and looked to the ground. While I on the other hand he stayed quite and I followed them to the cafe.

After the ordeal somehow had ended, I was now at a café known for it best coffee; Anteiku. I was seated next to the counter the 'Manager' was making coffee, on the left corner stood Touka her gaze darted on different places from time to time. I can't believe this all happened in a week. My thoughts were running 50km per second asking questions like...

How can I be a ghoul?

What could I do?

How am I suppose to live like thi-