Week Five of Behind the Yelling Echoes

Maeve's POV

It's been a week ago since Teagan called it quits with that STD junky Charise and when he kissed me, it felt like we've been together again and it's bringing back the sparks of our relationship.

Teagan and I are driving in my car to the West Shore Plaza mall, so we can buy Christmas presents for Miranda Grace next month. "So, Maeve, I'm thinking about giving Miranda Grace an autographed Jersey. What do you think?" Teagan asks. Rolling my eyes, "Miranda Grace doesn't like watching sports unless it's you on TV. Are you suggesting a DIY Jersey to make for her?" I suggest. "Yeah, so what do you think? You're the mother of my child."

Teagan and I are now in a T-shirt store to buy a T-shirt for Miranda Grace, a pair of stencils, acrylic paints, paintbrushes, and pieces of fabric until we decide to go to the store, Papyrus, which is a gift wrapping store in Tampa, FL. After purchasing the gift wrappers, we head to Dippin' Dots. I order a Rockin' cherry ice with popping candy while Teagan gets the Mint cookie crunch. "Maeve, what does Miranda Grace like?" Teagan asks. "She likes the bubble gum flavored ice cream. "I notify. After ordering our ice creams in the cup, we find a seat. "So, Maeve, I just wanna say thank you." Teagan says.

"Thank me for what?" I scoop the mini ice cream bites with the spoon and swallow them to let the ice cream bites melt in my mouth. "You know, for opening my eyes of seeing through the real slut Charise is and I take back the words I detrimentally said about you and Miranda Grace. I felt like an asshole, which you have the right to think of me as-"

"Teagan!" I cut him off. "I used to think you were an obnoxious asshole, but not anymore because you were hit between the eyes of my Cousin Nona declaring that you are Miranda Grace's father and Charise being in the hospital room with another guy." I clarify.

"I owe you two a lot. I just wish I can make up my mistakes and my relationship with our daughter." Teagan replies. The look of sympathy that he's giving me, is obviously asking for Jesus to forgive him and his calamitous ways when he was with Charise. And I sincerely feel apologetic for him. My phone rings and Miss Meagan is calling me. My finger sweeps answer and Miss Meagan is full of the joys of spring- Well Autumn, because this month is November in a sunny background. "Hello, Maeve! What are you guys up to?" Miss Meagan's happy camper spirit fills the entire store, whichever the people turn their heads at our direction.

"Hi, Miss Meagan! What is making you jolly this afternoon?" I intriguingly query.

"I am truly blessed because I just read an article off of the People magazine, stating an article of Charise having herpes! That's not it!" Miss Meagan sings. "I received a phone call from your Cousin Nona saying that she declared Teagan is indeed Miranda Grace's father! You here that, son?! Now, I won't have to drag you to the Maury Show in Stamford, Connecticut and do the cabbage patch with Maury Povich or working my twerk!" Miss Meagan jests.

"Okay, Mom, I get it!" Teagan fails to refrain from chuckling.

"So, what are you guys doing?" Miss Meagan questions. I hand Teagan my phone, so he can be featured in our face to face conversation with Miss Meagan. "Maeve and I are eating ice cream at Dippin' Dots and we even bought some for Miranda Grace."

"That's one of Miranda Grace's favorite ice cream shops! I'll be at the door and give it to Miranda Grace." Miss Meagan says.

"Okay, Mom. Maeve and I will be there after we leave the mall." Teagan mentions.

"Okay, honey. I'll see you both when you get here." Miss Meagan speaks before hanging up.

After saving our ice creams in a brown paper bag, Teagan and I carrying the stuff to the trunk for a minute before it is time to go to my parents' house to drop off Miranda Grace's ice cream to Miss Meagan. As I park the car on the driveway, Teagan and I get out of the car with a brown paper bag in Teagan's hand. I knock on the door and seconds later, Miss Meagan opens the door. "Hi, you guys." Miss Meagan whispers and wraps her arms around Teagan and I. Teagan gives Miss Meagan a cup of ice cream for Miranda Grace.

"It's good that you're both here. Miranda Grace is napping and I'll give her ice cream to her when she wakes up." Miss Meagan says, taking the ice cream from Teagan's hand.

"Thank you so much, baby." Miss Meagan smiles at Teagan. "I'll give you guys a call when Miranda Grace –"

"Grand-mommy?" A faint soft spoken tiny voice interrupts Miss Meagan's sentence and we enter the house to see my angel stir in her sleep.

Teagan's POV

For the first time of my life of fatherhood, I glance at my daughter stirring in her sleep with a smirk on her face-which is one of the exact traits I have when I sleep. She sits up from the pillow and a blanket before she cries, "Grand-mommy, I miss Mommy..." when she freezes her speech to eagerly grin at Maeve.

"Mommy!" Miranda Grace exclaims, runs to Miranda Grace and hugs her by the legs.

"Hi, baby! Guess who's here with Mommy?"

"Santa Claus? Saint Nick? Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer?" Miranda Grace gasps. I chuckle at her guessing.

"No, baby. Your Daddy's here." Maeve corrects. Miranda Grace turns her head at me with surprise in her eyes, but forlorn on her mouth. "You're that man who called me, 'the B word baby,' and you had women running around with no clothes on. Did you not care about how my Mommy and our family, including myself feel about you disrespecting us and yourself? I may be three years old, but I have feelings just like you, Mommy, Grand-mommy, Grandpa, aunts, and uncles. Daddy, I need you to accept me as your daughter that I've always been for the whole time. A Dad who is always caring, loving, attentive, and supportive." Miranda Grace replies.

Hearing what my baby girl has to say to me makes me perceive the pain, anguish, and heartbreak that I've put my family through, especially Maeve and Miranda Grace. And for the first time in my life after discovering the news that I'm Miranda Grace's biological father, I feel soft and wet drop of tears falling down my face.

"This is what Miranda Grace feels every day, Teagan. She felt rejected by you denying the fact that you're her father. She needs you involved more often in her life than ever. Teagan, your philandering days are over because your days of becoming a responsible father already began when Maeve was pregnant." My Mom assures me.

I'm a mess. I level myself to Miranda Grace's height and hug her with all my love and adoration. "I am so sorry for putting you and your Mommy through shame, baby girl. And for disrespecting your family and my family because I was a careless boy. I promise I'll be a good Dad to you no matter what." I sob.

"It's okay, Daddy. I forgive you." Miranda Grace says.