Chapter 1 - God Doesn't Exist.

Crimson anger arose from the burning ablaze struggling to stay lit. All the outrage burst out as it devoured the wood hungrily expressing all its wrath and violence. Smoke released out of its flames, danced around the entire house trying to dispose all its anger from within.

As I stood watching a part of hell showing its frenzy in front of me, I realised something which made my holistic being numb.

My family was inside the house. Mom, dad, and my two brothers, Varad and Vivaan. My life.

Ignoring all the numbness, I made a dash inside the house. I could hear the wailing of a baby. Vivaan. The inside of the house was unrecognisable. I felt as though I've entered a hot oven ready to bake me.

The place I once called home, never seemed so scary before. This was not fire. It was death, a fire storm rolling it on itself, surging like a monster bent on our murder.

As I took a step further, a huge plank of wood fell in front of me. The fire touched the skin on my leg and a ripple of scream left my throat at the immense stinging sensation. The wailing grew louder and I snapped out of the pain. I need to save Vivaan.

With that thought looming over me, I collected myself together and went further towards the door where Vivaan's voice was coming from. Thankfully, the place where the voice was coming from, wasn't ablaze much.

The door was burning at its hinges. I carefully kicked it open and saw my one year old brother on the floor, crying. He was very scared of the commotion going around him. His whole face was wet due to crying and snot came out of his nose. I could only imagine what that one year old baby was feeling.

I picked him up and cooed at him. I could see how he relaxed a bit looking at me. He was always my darling. The fire was reaching the windows. I quickly yanked the curtain and covered him with it leaving just a little space for breathing. Though, there was just smoke to breath in.

I made my way towards the door coughing as I inhaled a huge amount of smoke. I got out of the room and went towards the only escape I could see. The door that led to the backyard. I have to leave Vivaan outside and then come back to find Varad.

I kicked, what looked like a table, to another side as it was in my way but what I didn't see was the long beam of wood that fell from above directly to the left side of me, taking me down along with it. Vivaan kept on crying as I let out a loud scream.

I was on the ground with a part of the beam on my left hand. The beam felt like a molten lava. My hand felt as though it was melting and I could literally hear the sound of hissing as the beam continued to claw at my hand. This was a pain, I have never felt before. That's the thing about pain. They demand to be felt.

I stopped screaming agonisingly when I realised that Vivaan has stopped crying. Infact, he was laying still. I panicked. Forgetting about all the pain, I kept my hold on Vivaan strongly using my right hand. With my already burnt left hand, I mustered all the strength and picked up the beam from under.

My whole was body was blazing hot. My left hand was gruesome. I could not even look at it. I couldn't think straight. I couldn't even open my mouth without coughing. The pain intensified but I payed no attention to it.

The smoke was getting heavier by every passing second. I choked in the heaviness as another round of darkness covered my eyes. I have to get Vivaan out. Something has happened to him. How could he survive this wrath of the Fire God himself? He is just a baby for crying out loud!

He is dying. He is dying. He is dying...

As the reality sunk in, I felt my heart jolt in my chest. I couldn't let him die. His life hasn't even started yet. He hasn't even started living yet. How could God be so cruel?