Chapter 6 - Nohe

Unedited.

Pic of Namjoon from BTS.😍

Dad used to say, a person's greatest test is when you are able to bless those who have done you wrong.

Otherwise, what will be the difference between you and them. It all comes down to forgiving.

Dad was the king of kindness. Forgiveness was his rule and only option. I have other options.

I lost everything I once had.

Even myself.

Thirst for vengeance, only their destruction can quench it.

Engrossed in the thoughts of meeting the people who were once faithful dogs, I didn't notice dad coming into my office and sitting in the front chair.

"Sheane?" He called, snapping me out of my chain of discourse.

"Yes Dad?"

"Mr David William called earlier. Since he is handing over his business to his son, Zachary, he has invited us to a mixer today."

"Dad, you already told me about that." I replied sighing.

He doesn't want me to go. Since "those" people are going to be there.

I will have to come face to face with them one day or the other. I don't fight my enemies from the back. It's a war I am fighting head on.

"You don't hav-"

"I must. Dad, we already talked about this. I am not interested in this mixer or this Zachary but if I don't go, how will the mixer get interesting." I smirked.

"I lost one daughter. I don't want to lose another." He said without meeting my eyes.

It's always overwhelming for me when he worries about me as if I am his biological daughter.

"I promise you won't lose me. You gave me a new life. And it's my duty to make things right. To find justice. And none of the things are justified yet. So no matter if the hell breaks lose, I will proceed on my path." I soothed him, caressing his hands. The hands which held mine and taught me to walk again.

"Okay. Fine. I'll come with you." He stated, leaving no space for arguments.

"You can."

"Sheane, I am not taking no for an answer. I am coming with you and that's final." He stated, determined to come with me.

"Yes dad, I said you can come with me." I replied again, the side of my mouth quirking a little.

"I am not taki...I can?" He asked not quite believing his ears, his eyes as wide as saucers.

"Yes." I replied yet again, making him smile the widest I have seen in a while and that worried frown vanished from his face.

**********

"A pretty woman is drinking alone. Need some company?" Nohe asked with a flirty tone sitting next to me. (Pronounced as knee-o-ee)

Realising I couldn't go to the mixer without emptying my mind, I drove to my usual spot. "The hive". It's an underground club, secluded from the chaos of the busy city just above the club.

"The hive" has always been the most talked about club but many people don't know where it's located. Good for me. It's a good place to drown away in your thoughts.

Luciano Hemsworth, the hidden gem of the business world did a good job creating such a spot for mind wanderers like me.

He never attended any business events no matter how important they were. Always sent his loyals to take care of everything. Rumours says that he is involved in illegal business and that's why he keeps a low profile.