Chapter 3

Ken's P.O.V

The four of us, I, D.O, Sehun and Chanyeol, simply play tag with a few more of their friends, Suho, Xiumin and Luhan. After that, I go to my Math class. I can't see Wonshik anywhere. But I can see the boy that was with him when I first spoke to him. I take the empty seat next to him. He is about my height, with dark, chocolate skin and accentuated cheekbones. His eyes are very sharp, and he just stares at me as I enter. I smile at him and introduce myself. He doesn't stop staring. 'Great. I'm Cha Hakyeon. Call me N.' Why is there such an attitude in his tone? After class, I am about to head out when Cha Hakyeon stops me.

'Listen, Ken. You need to stay away from Ravi.'

'What?'

'I know you're new to the school and stuff, but I suggest that you keep your distance from him. You don't know anything about him. But I do. And it's better for both of you to steer clear of each other.'

Is he crazy? I stare at him for a few seconds and then walk away. Yeah, like a threat from someone like Hakyeon is going to keep me away from Ravi.

Ravi's P.O.V

'Can we go, Ken?' I stand on my toes awkwardly and wait as he says goodbye to his cousin and then to Kyungsoo. Ken smiles at me and says, 'Yeah. Come on.' We walk slowly back to his house. I take a short cut through a small alley. The evening makes the alley a dangerous place, and Ken sticks close to me as we watch some guys skating and some smoking in a corner. There is fear in his eyes. Hmm. That's the first time I don't like that. 'Wonshik, is there no other route?' I look into his eyes and lie, if that's what will get us closer. 'No, Ken.' He holds onto the straps of his backpack and walks along with me. I hear a bicycle behind us, and my name being called out. 'Ravi! Bro, what are you...' It's Kai. I turn around and watch as Kai pedals to catch up with us. His bangs almost cover his eyes. Kim Jong-in. I really don't know why I am friends with him. I guess...popularity requires some difficult links. And Kai is one of them. He stops his cycle in front of us and says with a smirk, 'What you doing with this nerd, bro?' Ken grips my hand as Kai comes close to him. I hold his slender fingers and whisper, 'Get outta here, Jong-in.' Kai's expression changes. 'Yeah, well, who the fuck are you to tell me what to do, Wonshik? What, you think you're more popular than me?' His smug smirk widens. I control my rage as he whispers, 'Hanging out with your loser boyfriend, huh, Wonshik?' He grabs Ken's backpack and throws it onto the ground. The street is almost deserted now. 'Don't, Kai. Just leave.'

'Shut the hell up, Wonshik.' He smirks again at Ken. 'Hiding behind your boyfriend, you little....' Ken begins to grip my shirt as Kai approaches him. I want to punch the bastard in the face. Neutral ground, Ravi. I can hear Hakyeon's voice in my mind. Neutral ground. I give Kai a stare, but he doesn't budge. He grabs Ken by the neck and drags him away from me. 'Jong-in....' My blood boils as I watch the fear in Jaehwan's innocent eyes. Kai hits him hard, right in the stomach, and he crumbles onto the ground with a loud gasp. 'Kai....' He smirks again. Ken turns and looks at me with utter helplessness in his eyes. Kai suddenly begins kicking him, right where he punched him, and I watch with anger as Ken screams. 'Please, no! Stop it! Ravi....' I stand glued to the ground, not knowing what to do. I can't fight Kai, he'll definitely win. But I can't just watch him hurt Ken. He's my Ken. Kai bends down to pick him up, and I charge at him with all of my rage. I hold him back and punch him aimlessly. He is so strong. He gives a blow to my stomach, and then a punch to my jaw, but that doesn't stop me. I hit Kai right in the jaw, and he's bleeding. 'Why, you little....' I'm prepared for his hit now. I kick him on his knee, because I know he has an injury there, and he gets down onto the ground. With that, I punch him forcefully on his cheek. He lies on the ground, and I whisper, 'Stay away from my Ken, you bloody bastard.'