Chapter 7

Ken's P.O.V

When I wake up, three months have passed. I am so in love with the most perfect guy in the whole damn world! A wave of guilt overcomes me. My dreams are so disgustingly dirty. I go to school, searching for Ravi, but he's not to be seen. I spend my classes with Kyungsoo. As it turns out, Ravi did not come to school today. I wonder why. I confront Cha Hakyeon in the hallway.

'Ken, I need to talk to you. Alone.'

'Okay. Is something wrong?'

We stand in the deserted part of the hallway, and he asks, 'Are you going to bed with Ravi?' What the...

'Why would you ask me that? Ew, no. We haven't...'

He glares at me with eyes that seem to see right through me. 'But you are with him? I know you kissed him.' I flush with guilt.

'How'd you know?' He smirks at me.

'Ravi told me.' I feel angry, I don't know why. 'What else did he tell you?'

'He told me that he feels like he's falling in love with the wrong boy. That it should be me he should actually love. And then, he...uh, I'm embarrassed.... kissed me.' The world begins to grow cold. Cha Hakyeon is smirking again. 'No, you're lying. You are obviously lying. Ravi loves me, okay? I'll just ask him.'

'Ask. But he's not gonna admit it. Besides, what I did last night is definitely gonna make him shut up. He's got such sweet, sweet.... ' Someone from outside is controlling me. I smash N against the locker and kick him in the stomach. He wails loudly as I punch him in the chest. But he still smirks. 'Hit me how much ever you want, Jaehwan. It's not gonna change the truth. I have proof.' I let him go and stare at him, my blood boiling with rage. He takes out his phone and plays a recording. It's Ravi's voice.

'I love you so much. Every time I look at you, I feel something I've never felt before. I never knew you could have such an effect on me. I want to be with you....I love you...I cannot live without you....' I stop listening after that. I lower my gaze as Hakyeon whispers, 'Sorry, babe. He was never meant for you. You think Ravi's the kind of guy who'd stay chained down to just one person? He was gonna have me anyway, whether he broke up with you or not. I just feel so, so sad for you, Jaehwan, building your hopes on him. I hope you find a better person.'

I detect the high shade of sarcasm in his voice and say, 'Fuck off.' I head to class, my head spinning with anger and regret. I thought we were in love. I thought Hakyeon was lying. But after hearing Ravi confess his love for him, I....I never want to see him again. But after school, I walk slowly to his house and ring the bell, waiting to tell him that I'm done with him, with us.

Ravi's P.O.V

I sneeze...uh, for the millionth time...and open the door. A teary eyed Ken stands on the other side. 'Oh, you missed me so much, babe? I'm sorry....' A blinding white light descends in front of my eyes as Jaehwan's slap makes my ears ring. I stare at him with shock as a drop of tear flows down his cheek. 'How dare you, you bloody son of a bitch?' This isn't my sweet little hamster anymore. 'Ken, what happened....' He explodes into tears and whispers, 'How could you do this to me, Wonshik? How?!?! You told me I was the only one....the only one who mattered to you...and of all the people, Hakyeon?!?! You are such a disgusting, horrible person, Wonshik. God, I wish I never met you.' I do not understand a word. What on Earth is he talking about? 'Jaehwan, what happened?'

'Oh, don't act all innocent, Wonshik. Hakyeon told me what you two did last night. So that's why you didn't want him to find out about us, that night in the park. I never thought you, of all people, could cheat on me...'

Cheat on him? Is he delusional or something? I lay a hand on his shoulder, which he pushes away with disgust. Why is he acting like this? 'Ken, please...'

'You kissed Hakyeon? How could you? And...you're so in love with him, huh, Wonshik? If you love him so much, why don't you just fuck him?!?' I stare at him with my mouth ajar. What the bloody hell?!? 'Are you joking, Jaehwan? Hakyeon is like a brother to me! Why are you speaking like this?'

His expression changes and he stares at me coldly. 'He played me the recording, you idiot. Oh, "I never knew you could have such an effect on me"? Who the hell says that? And if Hakyeon hadn't told me the truth, God knows how hurt I would have gotten in the future. But this is easier. I never wanna see your face again, Kim Wonshik. You and I are done.'

I watch with a white-hot pain passing through my body as he walks away, in full control of his emotions. His final words make the puzzle come together. Cha Hakyeon is a dead man.