Lie 8- He's Still Alive

Hi! Almost to 100 views! Thank you guys. 

Trigger Warning, this chapter has suicide in it.

36 hours ago

Bang.

That sound awoke me at 3:24 a.m

The sound so heartbreaking and loud I shuddered.

My eyes snapped open, my whole body tense. I squirmed, crying out as my blankets seemed to hold me captive.

There was a scream.

My mom's.

I shoved the blankets from me and leaped onto the freezing tile.

My stomach was in my lungs, and my lungs were below my heart, and my heart was in my throat, and my screams were in my head.

Oh, crap.

There were screams from my brother's room. My mother knelt beside a figure, sobbing and screaming.

I shut my eyes. The air was tense with gunpowder and blood.

Edwards body was limp, his head laying in a pool.

And sitting on his chest was an envelope.

In shock, I doubled over and puked onto the floor.

Our screams were so loud, but the sound was only silence.

Crawling, I reached out to the envelope.

My hands were shaking as I tore open the envelope, and there was blood all over it.

There were multiple papers, each addressed to different people in his life.

(I'm not going to show the note, I don't feel it is necessary of helpful)

Time Lapse

I was a mess. My sweatshirt was stained with tears, and my jeans were covered in mud.

My mom was not much better.

We were ruined.

At the moment we sit in the police office, awaiting confirmation that suicide was the cause.

My phone rang.

I wasn't going to get it at first because I didn't want to talk to anyone.

But the rings were persistent.

The number was unfamiliar, but I wanted out of this room.

I slid my finger across the screen, waiting for the buzzing to clear up.

"Hello?" I said, my voice raw with sorrow.

"Hi, V," the voice was familiar.

The voice was heartbroken.

The voice belonged to Emmarie.

"Emmarie?" My whole head throbbed with the sound of her name.

My mind went back to what Edward said, about Emmarie being the father. And how Edward said Emmarie was dead.

"Yes, it's me," she hiccupped.

I wanted to tell her how sorry I was. Because I did a lot more things then telling Elliot.

I called her names and said she was a slut.

Because in my mind, a pregnant teenager was.

"What? Why? How are you? I heard you were dead," I fumbled for a coherent thought.

"No, I'm alive. But I'm not good," she admitted, uneasiness in her voice. "You sound like crap, too."

I muttered, "It's Edward."

She mumbled on the other end, "I heard. He's dead."

My eyes wandered to my crying mother, who sat before a police officer that was showing her a folder of files and pictures.

"No. He's still alive," I lied.

"Really?" she asked in disbelief, "Harvard sent out a notice, saying they had received a suicide note from a drop out named Edward."

Edward dropped out?

"You go to Harvard?" I asked.

She shrugged, "Nah, just I heard around."

This brought a bigger question, "You're baby...."

Sniffing she said, "Got an abortion."

I mumbled some made up word, which left us suspended in silence.

I wanted to ask if Edward was the father, but it wasn't the right time.

Yet, I asked, "Was Edward the father?"

I don't get why I asked, there was no way they like liked eachother.

There was silence for a moment, but then her shocked voice returned"No, that's impossible. But...but...I really liked him, Vicky. And now he's hurt."

I nodded because I knew he was dead.

"I'm taking a flight later today to come see you. It's been a long time," she said.

Emmarie was coming.  

Sorry, it was sad. But things will get a little worse before they get better.

Thank you again.