Epilogue

This is it! I want to thank everybody for everything! You've been a huge support! I love to see people reading every chapter the moment it is posted. But this is it. Last one. I love you guys so much!

Funeral

It wasn't raining anymore. But the petrichor smell was heavy in the air as the cluster of darkened people stood on the moist, muddy lawn.

It was frigid out. Everyone was covered in heavy jackets, while the body in the coffin lay only wearing a silk red dress, shoulders exposed.

The air was still. Static.

All it needed was an uttered word to turn the scene to chaos.

But it was dead silent.

The twins stood beside a nurse. Both were dressed in a sparkly black skirt-similar to the one they tried on with Victoria. They looked healthy, a little more meat on their bones. Being placed into an Eating Disorder program, they were gaining weight healthily.

It was funny, because someone said Victoria would have survived if she hadn't been starving herself.

Cooper was there this time. He sat in the lawn, playing with toy cars, tuning out the world. His hair was all ruffled and tie on crooked, but he didn't care.

Uncles and Aunts stood crowded around, while they didn't cry, they were all solemn.

About two dozen classmates attended Victoria's funeral. Most of them just wanted to show their respects to the pretty girl, and half of them were all her ex-boyfriends.

Hayden did come for this funeral, not because he loved her, but because he felt bad for saying he did.

Victoria's mom stood like a statue, fingers closing around her daughter's charm necklace. She was wearing the same dress she wore a few days ago for Edward's.

The mom's ex husband, Victoria's father, showed up. He was still wearing his Navy uniform, his face coated with indifference.

They stood beside each other. And for once they were not arguing.

Then there was Emmarie.

The light in her eyes betrayed and captured the sky in her glistening eyes. They were not mad.

Or angry.

Or passed.

They weren't even sad.

They were full of remorse.

There were showers of pretty little diamond teardrops that rolled down her cosmetic less face.

She held a crumpled up, tear stained paper in her hand.

She opened it and cleared her throat.

"Victoria was my best friend. But she wasn't just the girl who accompanied me to the mall, or counseled me after a rough breakup. She was..." Emmarie paused with a deep breath, "the love of my life."

  She stopped for a moment, watching the ripple effect. Her parents arrived in the city after they heard, mustering up a little compassion for their daughter. This was Emmarie coming out as bisexual, but that didn't matter anymore.

"What will I remember about Victoria? I'll remember the first time we met and the first time I ever I watched 285 episodes in one sitting. But most of all, I'll remember her as the girl who never lied.

She told the truth with courage and determination. I tried to run from her, because I was scared of my feelings and scared of the truth that she knew. Even worse, I ran because I never wanted to know the truth about her.

But as I ran, I realized she was the one person I couldn't forget. The one person who always told me the truth.The one person who knew I deserved the truth. She was the one who was always there for me. She was the person, I didn't deserve."

There was a long pause as Emmarie's mind recited the last conversation the two girls had.

"I would dare go so far to call her an angel. And I was the liar. The person who got us into trouble and screwed up my own life. And because of me, she screwed up hers" the public speech had become a self-destructive monolog. She bit her lip, aware she had gone off script.

There was a moment of repression, but it passed. " She loved everybody," she hesitated because the last thing Victoria told Emmarie was the opposite. "At least, I think she did."

"I loved her. I loved the way she laughed. The way she nervously fiddled with her charm necklace. And most of all, I loved the way she smiled. Oh, her smile could light up anything. And it did. That smile I missed for a year. The one I'll never see again."

I may do a sequel with or about Emmarie. Comment for a sequel.  Thank you guys soo much! Vote, Comment, and Share!