Don't Do Afternoons

The hardest thing to become accustomed to are the afternoons with Rogue. Why? Well, apparently he "doesn't do afternoons." Which brings us to this exact moment in time, in the afternoon.

Frustrating? Yes.
Annoying? Yes.
Unnerving? Yes.
Unnatural? Maybe.
Time spent well? No.
Productive? No.
Nerve wracking? Absolutely.

"Rogue...?"

"..."

"Rogue..."

"...mm...."

"You awake...?"

"Hrmm...mmmm..."

"I'll take that as a 'no.'"

Usually you love spending time with Rogue, but this is more like being held hostage. Held hostage, as a shadow dragon slayer's body pillow and not letting go of you anytime soon.

With a sigh, your head falls back onto the ultra-soft pillow, and a certain dragon slayer sleeps away on top of you.

In a quiet, whispering voice, you mumble your words under your breath. "You're lucky, I love you." Though, what happens next, makes your heart beat faster and a little pout to appear on your face.

"...I.......l-love you...too...."

Another sigh rolls off your lips, as you gently brush your fingers through his soft hair. Of course, once you do, Rogue snuggles more against your tummy. What wasn't planned, was for you to fall asleep, and slowly pick up this little habit of his.

One Week Later(Rogue's POV)
Just finished a tiring mission, and I can't wait to spend some time with Y/n. I remember her talking about a new sweets shop in town. Something about flower confectionaries(1) and "the greatest tea ever."

"That's what I'll do, I'll take Y/n there and buy all the flower candies she wants!" I mutter quietly to myself, as I walk back home, gently pounding my right fist down onto my open left hand.

As I look around, an elderly couple wave to me. "How's that sweet wife of yours doing?" The older gentleman asks as usual.

Feeling the heat rush to my face and perspiration accumulating on the back of my neck, I wave back, as I stutter on my words.

"Sh-she's d-d-doing gr-gr-great!" I heard and felt my voice crack in nervousness. Gulping down on saliva, I fast-walk past them and book it.

Once I turn the corner, I hunch over with my hands on my knees, under the sweltering sun. Just the thought of it makes me nervous. Y/n as my wife. Best feelings in the world at first, then the sinking doubt of "am I good enough?"

Shaking my head, I see the our apartment complex dead ahead. And with a skip in my step and newfound energy, I quickly hurry home to see my Y/n.

Not taking very long to reach the door, I open it with a relaxed smile and walk inside.

"Y/n! I've missed---......eeh?" Where's my beautiful Y/n? She usually attacks me with a hug. Where's my "welcome back attack hug?" I really want my hug.

"Y/n...? I'm back."

Still no reply. "Please don't be kidnapped or murdered." I mutter quietly, while running around looking for her.

[Author: Interrupting live here with OOC Rogue.
(OOCRogue: Honey boo boo bear? Fairy cupcakes? Darling sugar puff!? Baby girl!!? Wifey!!!!!!!!!!)
Author: Now back to our regular scheduled programming!]

The last place I look, should've been the first place to start my search. With a relieved smile on my face, I get into comfier clothes, before gently joining Y/n on the bed. I try not to wake her, as I wrap my arms around her from behind.

Now that I think about it, an afternoon nap sounds like the best idea ever.

Closing my eyes and resting my chin on her head, I quickly succumb to the exhaustion, from such a worrisome afternoon.

(1)Hakuouki game reference!