Shark Week (Modern Fiore AU)

Y/n sets everything up for the greatest week of summer. Shark Week. A week of sharks on TV, nonstop shark promotions for jaws-like merchandise.

"Popcorn?"

"Check."

"Gummy candy?"

"Check."

"Pillows? Blankets? And the new curved HD tv?"

"Check, check, and check. Now let's binge!"

Rogue fell back onto the couch, pulling a giggling Y/n to fall in between his legs and using the voice control remote to turn on the tv and tune into shark week.

During the trivia commercial breaks, Rogue and Y/n tried to answer all the trivia questions before the other one. And every time Y/n answers correctly, Rogue places a kiss on her neck.

Soon the television event is forgotten, and the only thing dominating their thoughts is to get closer and closer.

Time skip

Rogue blinks his eyes open and realizes they missed the big premiere. And yet, he couldn't be bothered about being upset, because laying atop him is his beautiful mate, Y/n. Skin against skin, a connection so strong to a dragon slayer and their mate, that just lying next each other strengthens the bond between them. For the shadow dragon slayer, just feeling her body against his, is all he needs to feel secure and comfortable with his connection.

Feeling Y/n stir awake, he smiles at her and tenderly kisses her forehead. "We missed the premiere, didn't we?" She pouts, while sitting up, using the blanket to cover herself. Rogue sits up and trails a hand down her bare back. "Don't worry, I recorded just in case. So for now, come back and lay with me."

He lays back down, pulling her with him, and places her head down on his chest. Brushing his fingers through her hair, they find themselves being lulled back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: a little short drabble in celebration of Shark Week and a little over a year of my Rogue x Reader fanfiction first being published. So yeah.

Shark Week oooaaaahaaa!!!)