Chapter 3

I launched an orb of blue energy at Vision. He was floating in the air about fifty feet away and swooped out of the way easily to dodge my attack. I let out a frustrated groan. The room shook as the orb hit the wall behind the android.

Vision charged towards me, head down. Just before his head hit my abdomen, I teleported to a spot behind his charge. He quickly regained his balance and turned towards me once more. I took the opportunity as he found his focus again, to teleport closer to him, immediately sending a beam of blue energy from my palm, towards his chest.

But, Vision was fast. He mimicked my actions, sending a yellow beam of energy from the stone on his forehead to meet mine midair. When the beams hit, a shock wave was sent through the air, powerful enough to send me flying back into the wall. I grunted on impact then slid to the floor, struggling to breath. Dust from the wall fell all around me.

Vision had been prepared for the blast, and had braced for it. He charged again, but instead of coming for me, he moved chaotically around the room. I struggled to track his quick movements as he skirted around the perimeters of my field of vision. He would strike soon, trying to take me by surprise. He didn't want me to have a chance to teleport away from his attack.

I waited, trying to regain my breath in the meantime. But, before long, I saw a flash of red and yellow start its charge toward me. I threw up my hands, sending blue light all around me so that I was surrounded by a pulsing, blue orb. Vision ran head first into the barrier, sending another shockwave through the room. This time, it was Vision's turn to launch backwards into the wall.

I quickly followed, running as fast as I could. I came to a sliding stop in front of him on the ground. I held out my hand, allowing blue light to swirl around it menacingly. Just as I was about to send the finishing blow towards Vision's chest, the doors burst open behind me.

I turned around to see Tony come rushing in the doors, Steve and Rhodey on his tail. I felt a sharp blow between my shoulder blades, and went flying forward, this time not making it all the way to the wall, but instead, hitting the floor in the middle of the room, rolling and sliding a few times before coming to a standstill.

I groaned again, rolling onto my back. Vision was floating over me.

"That was not fair." I said, my voice hoarse.

"No one said to stop the session. You let your guard down." Vision said, matter of factly.

"You know we agreed not to practice with our powers while the others were in the room." I replied, still wincing.

"They entered after the sparring match had already begun. Entering at their own risk, so to say. I didn't think that constituted us stopping." Vision countered.

I sighed, wincing again at a pain in my side. "Okay, from now on, if someone else, other than Wanda, of course, is in the room, regardless of where in our training session we are, we stop everything. It isn't safe."

Vision considered this for a moment. "Okay."

"Now that you've settled that, maybe someone can tell me who is going to make all the repairs to this room." Tony said, looking around.

I rolled my head from one side to the other, assessing the damage. The walls were covered in deep cracks, exposing the metal workings underneath. There was a spot on the far side of the room that was most likely from my stray energy orb. It was a deep, charred crater in the wall that looked as though it nearly made its way all the way through to outdoors.

"Sorry, Tony." I mumbled, sitting up and holding my side.

"Yeah, sorry..." Tony continued mumbling as he turned and walked out of the room.