Chapter 4

"So Pietro and Wanda come back today?" Steve asked.

"Yup." I mumbled. I was hunched over a computer, reading an article about Norse Mythology. Steve was looking over his tablet, I assume trying to figure out everything he can about Brock Rumlow before he brings the mission up to the others.

"How is Pietro going to breath in space?" Steve blurted out. "Do you need Tony to build him some sort of suit? Do you need a suit?"

I looked up from my own computer, laughing. "Why so concerned all of the sudden. You don't even like Pietro. Shouldn't you be happy about the lack of air in space?"

"I never said I didn't like him!" Steve said defensively.

"Yeah, okay, sure." I said.

"Okay, maybe I've mentioned it, but the truth is, I don't hate him." Steve said.

"He's growing on you, isn't he?" I said, tossing my computer to the side. It bounced as it hit the couch, and started to fall towards the ground. Without taking my eyes off Steve, I caught the computer in a cradle of blue light and guided back to it's original spot on the couch at my side.

Steve watched this, and shook his head, chuckling softly. "He isn't awful. Besides, can you blame me for not liking him at first? He didn't exactly make a great first impression."

"I know." I said, remembering Pietro's actions the first time we met. He kidnapped me and took me to HYDRA, so I guess Steve is right there. "Don't worry, though. Asgard has it's own source of air, just like Earth. We'll be able to breathe just fine."

"And what if you have to leave Asgard and actually go into space?" Steve asked.

I thought for a moment before answering. "Well, I guess I could create a barrier around Piet's body and teleport air from elsewhere into the bubble. That should work, right?"

"You tell me." Steve said, making a face that told me all matters space and beyond were out of his area of expertise.

I smiled again. "Yeah, I think that would work. And I don't think I would need it. I don't actually have to breath for my body to work, I guess..." I trailed off at that realization. I hadn't really thought about that, but my body doesn't need oxygen from my lungs. The infinity stone supplies my body with everything it needs. A chill ran up my spine. "Anyway, I wonder if Thor can just fly through space, unassisted."

"Either way, it sounds like they'll be safe with you." Steve said, suddenly grim.

"Yeah, I'll do my best." I replied, watching him.

Before I got the chance to say anything else, a blue blur rushed into the room, and I was suddenly lying on the couch, pinned under Pietro. Piet nuzzled his face into my neck and laughed.

"Well, hello to you too." I said, barely managing to laugh under his weight.

I craned my neck to look over Piet's shoulder, towards the door he had just ran through. Wanda was leaning against the doorframe with her arms crossed. She had a big smirk plastered on her face and she was clearly trying not to laugh.

"Hey Wanda!" I said, managing to free one on my hands just enough to give her a small wave.

"Em." She waved back. "He wouldn't stop talking about you the whole way back. I think we made it back in half the time it took to get there."

"I missed you." Pietro said, pulling his head back far enough to look at me.

I laughed at his puppy dog eyes before teleporting us upright so that I was sitting in my previous position on the couch and Pietro was sitting next to me. "I missed you too." I said. I brushed my hand through his hair, sweeping a stray piece out of his eyes.