Chapter Eight

Dedicated to @whatever1girl for the encouragement and support! Tbh if it wasn't for you I'd probably forget to update:P

---

*James POV*

"What do you mean Jamesy?" Vicki pouted, twirling her dark blonde hair around her index finger.

"What do you mean what do I mean? She's my friend Vicki! You can't just be cruel to whomever you please! Especially not Lilah!" I growled, slightly pacing on the spot.

"Especially Lilah?" She screeched, "Don't you see it, Jamesy?"

"See what?" I threw my hands up in exasperation, already done with this conversation.

"That she's trying to steal you from me! She can't just steal you! You can't let her come between our love Jamesy!" She exclaimed.

"What love, Vicki? Please tell me, Vick, when have we ever loved each other?" I asked tiredly, running my hand through my dark locks.

"Jamesy..." she pled, tears pooling in her eyes as she lifted her arm, trying to reach out to me.

Her touch was cold, unlike someone's comforting warmth.

I removed her hand from my forearm gently before turning away, beginning the long towards the Gryffindor tower.

*Lilah POV*

"So what've you got next?" Nicholas asked, pushing strands of blonde hair to the side of his face.

"Um, I'll check," I replied, riffling through my bag for my schedule. "Transfiguration! Yes! What do you have?" I questioned, stuffing the crinkled schedule back into my bag.

"Same here," He grinned. "Would you allow me the honour of escorting a fair maiden such as yourself to class?"

"Why of course kind sir," I giggled, looping my arm through his extended elbow.

"Have you ever been to Hogsmeade, my fair lady?" Nicholas smirked, reminding me of a certain someone.

"Not for years," I answered, laughing at my own joke.

"How would you like to accompany me to the Hogsmeade trip this weekend then?" He asked shyly, scratching the back of his nape anxiously.

Should I?

What about James? Why am I even thinking about James? It's not like we're together and plus he has a girlfriend.

While I'm here I may as well have fun – especially with a cute guy who's smart.

"I would love to accompany you, Nicholas, it sounds like fun!" I agreed enthusiastically, loving the way he glanced up at me in astonishment and wonder.

"It's a date then," he agreed joyously.

*James POV*

I waltzed down the hall, enjoying the glares or envy and the stares of lust I received.

Every girl here wants me so why wouldn't Lilah?

It was simple. All I had to do was ask her to Hogsmeade – simple as pie.

I leant on the outside of her Transfiguration class, waiting for her exit of the classroom.

"James?" Lilah questioned, an adorable crinkle appearing on her forehead.

"We have Divination together next so I thought that I'd walk you to class," I answered her unspoken question, silently admiring the way her nose twitched when she was surprised.

"Sounds lovely," She grinned at me and holy shit was my heart going to burst.

I've only known her for a little over a day yet it feels like I've known and cared about her for years.

We took our time walking down the corridors – neither of us in a rush to get to Trelwaney's class.

"So have you been to Hogsmeade yet?" I began, slowly working up the courage to ask out the beautiful girl beside me.

"Not for years actually, it feels like a lifetime ago I last went." She replied, adjusting her tie so that it sat neatly against her blouse.

A lifetime ago? Must've been a few good years since she last went then. Maybe this is my opportunity.

"So did you have any plans for the upcoming trip this weekend then?" I asked curiously, trying to feign casualty.

"Yes, actually. Nicholas asked me to Hogsmeade on the way to Transfiguration and it was so cute! Isn't he just wonderful?" She sighed dreamily, crushing any hope I had and my heart along with it.

"Oh yeah?" I forced out, not allowing my voice to portray my true emotions. "Sounds like it'll be great fun. He seems nice."

He seems nice? What the hell was I saying!

This was the guy after my girl for Merlin's sake!

I tried to smile reassuringly at her frown, not wanting her to be suspicious.

"Definitely seems like a great guy," I nodded once more. "I should probably get to Divination now, don't want to be late or anything," I told her, begin to pick up my slow pace to a light run.

"But James we have the same cl-"

"See you in Divination, Li!" I interrupted, not once risking a glance backwards for fear that I would go running back to her.

That was so not as simple as pie.

---

Don't forget to feel free to chuck a comment, vote, follow or whatever your heart desires(: