Chapter Fourteen

Remus above:)

--

*James POV*

"There's no way its true mate, he's a bloody Ravenclaw! They're known for being smart, not stupid git's," Sirius rambled, his hand stressing over his dark locks as he paced the carpeted flooring of the common room.

"Well, it's not like some Ravenclaw's can't be evil, Pads! His ranks are growing, there's no telling who's involved or not," I mumbled, my mind tumbling over what the ginger had bluntly stated what seemed like only moments ago.

Well, I guess it probably was only moments ago.

I glared around the room, the once vibrant red now appearing dull.

"There is!" Padfoot exclaimed hurriedly, his hands mimicking his excited movements.

"What is?"

"There is a way of recognising them! The Dark Mark," Sirius explained.

Of course! He was right. If Nicholas were truly a death eater then he would bear Voldemort's mark on his left forearm, compromising of a skull entwined with a snake. How could I forget that?

"Adventure?" Sirius grinned, rubbing his hands together maniacally.

"Adventure!" I agreed, a dark grin lighting my face, elated at the fact that I had finally discovered a way to obliterate and destroy the forming relationship between Lilah and Golden Boy.

I'm going to expose him.

*Third Person POV*

"I feel awfully sneaky mate," Sirius whispered under the invisibility cloak.

"Why are we doing this again?" Remus questioned, glancing confusedly between his two friends.

"Because," James began, "This creepy lad, who was a ginger by the way-"

"They don't have souls, Moony, reason enough!" Sirius whispered loudly.

"I don't get how that's a reason?" Remus mumbled, scratching his head, failing to process the situation that he was once again dragged into.

"Because," James interjected, taking control of the conversation once more, "this guy came back from the future to warn us about Golden Boy-"

"More like Dark Boy," Sirius grinned.

James sighed, adjusting his sentence; "to warn us about Dark Boy who is apparently a death eater and basically if he and Lilah continue to pursue their about to be destroyed relationship then we're all doomed. But like not semi-zombie apocalypse doom where there is a slight chance of survival, it's more of an evil alien lord space warrior who wipes out the whole entire world doom, you get me?"

James caught Sirius shooting him a look out the corner of his eye, knowing that his best friend was silently questioning as to why he did not mention the very large detail of Lilah and he getting married, let alone having a child together. He knew that Remus would freak out, though, and that was something that could potentially ruin this entire mission. They - he needed his help if they wanted to expose Dark Boy.

"One too many muggle movies, I suppose," Remus sighed, rubbing his neck in exasperation.

"What on Earth?" Mumbled a bewildered red head as she glanced at the empty corridor before her.

*Lily POV*

"What was that?" A voice whispered.

"What was what?" A deeper voice questioned.

"I swear I heard someone!" The first voice attempted to say quietly.

"Well it is closer to y'know furriness and all so I mean maybe you're hearing someone from another corridor? Because like wouldn't Prongs and I be able to hear them as well?"

Closer to furriness? What?

"You lot can be such daft idiots sometimes that it makes me cry a little on the inside," The first voice carried down the hallway, the person appearing to be resigned.

I glanced around the empty corridor once more, scanning the darkness for any signs of students out of bed.

"Hey!" Two voices called out.

"Look behind you," The first voice sighed.

"Oh,"

"It's Evans! Run! She can't catch me out of bed! She'll murder me if she knew the real reason I swapped our prefect duties tonight!" A voice exclaimed.

"James?" I called out, knowing only one person who could possibly belong to the voice.

"Well shit," He cried.

"Good one, Prongs. No seriously, marvellous work, it's not like we're trying to be inconspicuous or anything!"

--

"So you're telling me that Nicholas is this Golden Cinder the Be-something and that he's a death eater?" I questioned suspiciously, not for a second willing to believe this well-detailed scheme concocted - by the Marauders no less.

"Yes," Sirius nodded, sipping his hot chocolate as he leant back further into the red armchair, crossing one leg over the other.

"And some soulless ginger, who you've never seen before, told you this?" I enquired further.

"Yes," Sirius nodded once more, taking a long gulp out of his mug.

"And this soulless ginger is supposedly from the future as well?"

"Yes! Haven't we already mentioned all this?" He exclaimed, quickly growing annoyed at his classmate's incessant questions.

"Bullshit," I stated, leaning casually back into the couch.

Sirius began choking on his drink, melted marshmallow dribbling down his chin.

"What?" He exclaimed, quickly leaning forward, tilting his head in confusion - much like that of a puppy.

"I call bullshit, there's no way any of this is true. It's creative, though, I'll give you that."

"Lily please-" James begun.

"No James, " I interrupted, "can't you just let her be happy? You've done nothing but make her feel insecure and like she's not wanted. The least you can do to make up for how you've treated her is allowing her this small bit of happiness, despite the fact that it comes in the form of a cute Ravenclaw boy with amazing hair."

He touched his hair automatically; almost like he was silently reassuring himself that he had better hair. Which of course he did - not that I'd ever admit to that.

"Please Lily, I was extremely sceptical at first but what do we have to lose? If he isn't what the ginger claimed then we can forget about all of this and continue on as normal," Remus sighed, frustratedly running his hand over the faint scars on his face.

"And if he is?"

"Then we do all that we can to protect Lilah," He finished.

"Okay," I breathed out.

"Okay?" He repeated.

"Okay," I agreed.

--

So things are finally siriusly getting started!;)

As always, feel free to chuck a comment, vote or follow:)