Bad Week

A/N

Fans:

Thanks for the many demands and threats to update

Thanks for the many demands and threats to update. I love you all too,

~Ringleader_Robin

(Kit)

-----------

Dick snuck back into the detention center, completely winded. After not only sneaking back into Mount justice without being caught AND hacking into the Zeta Beams, Dick had vowed that he had had enough action for at least a week.

The next day did not get any better, the second he reached the school he was basically attacked by both Artemis and Wally. He honestly wanted nothing to do with them, he was just so...angry at them. They betrayed him! You can't simply forgive someone the next day..he needed time. "Leave me alone." Dick growled

"Dude we were just trying to help--"

"How was that helping!?" Dick snapped at. " I wanted to stay out of the spotlight and you dragged me into your stupid plans!

"Dick, We just wanted you to open up! Stop being a jerk!" Artemis snapped back.

That was the final straw, dick shoved artemis to the ground, not caring the crowd he gathered. "If either of you come near me again, I will break your legs." Dick glared, before leaving in the wake of stunned silence.

However, it was just unfortunate for a certain group of bullies to cross his path today. He was not in the mood.

"Look, the circus freak is upset." The leader called out. "What? Your so called friends finally realize what a freak you are?"

Dick clutched his fists. "Move.Out.Of.My.Way,Now." He spoke coldly, his dark glare causing the group of older kids to backup slightly.

One let out a nervous laugh, trying to play off the glare like it was nothing. "Don't act so tough.You are in no position to tell us what to do! " He shoved Dick, causing him to lose balance.

That was when Dick lost it. He grabbed The leader's arm with one hand and punched them in the face with the other, not even caring about the consequences that might have followed suit. The next thing Dick knew was he was being slammed into a locker..harder than usual. He had dealt with adult scum who held back more than these kids. Dick let out a wheezing sound, trying to assess the damage, but another blow struck, right into his abdomen causing him to double over and fall to the ground. Dick curled up, trying to protect himself , though something was obstructing his breathing, more so when he constricted himself...a broken rib, it must have punctured a lung-- his thoughts were rudely interrupted by more blows to the head, to the legs to the stomach...something told him that losing his cool was going to be the death of him. The last thing he remembered hearing was angry shouting before everything went black.

------

It hurt to breathe. That was the first thought that came to Dick. It hurt to move in general was the second thought. He groaned and opened his eyes,well at least tried..one of them was swollen shut.He stared at the white tiling of the ceiling he was in the nurse's office office or a hospital..either way he was going to get hell from both the school system and the detention center...what a week. He saw movement from the corner of his eye, his body tensed so much that he erupted into a coughing fit.

"Whoah there Chum, you need to calm down." A voice called out, and dick felt a hand on his shoulder. That did not help, it caused Dick to freak out even more.

Dick was about to shout at the other to leave him alone, but he felt then something was in his throat. He gagged and his hands shakily moved up to a breathing tube. Why was he connected to a--oh right: the punctured lung. So in conclusion...he was in a hospital..but who did that voice belong to..a doctor? His shoulders slumped a bit, calming down slightly before once again searching for the owner of the voice. Doctor's do not wear suits. Dick furrowed his eyebrows at the concerned face that hovered over him. Child services? No that suit was designer...to expensive for any child service representative to afford. It took a minute or two for Dick to focus on the face enough to realize who was at the side of his bed--though it caused more questions than answers.

"I am going to get the doctors in here, okay? I will be right back." The man left and soon returned with a handful of doctors eagerly followed behind him to dote on his every single need. Money was power after all in gotham..and Bruce Wayne definitely had money.

They checked his vitals, connected new IV's and changed so many managed. In his mind, Dick could see himself looking like a mummy with all the bandages he had. The last thing to be done was the removal of the breathing tube, which to the doctor's surprise, didck not even flinch. Sure it hurt, it felt like his throat was being cleaned with steel wool, but the questions in his head distracted Dick From the pain. The whole hour of check-ups, Bruce Wayne stood at the doorway, watching sternly. Oh shit..Was the kid he punched his? Damn rich people will be sure to make his life a living hell-- wait..Wayne does not have kids..he is too.. What's the word..? 'Ungrounded from responsibility.' more than a word but that seems to be the most accurate. Dick stared occasionally at the Playboy, though quickly averting his eyes when he stared back. Awkward eye contact was the worst. The doctors left after a while, leaving the two alone. They said nothing for another five minutes, the tense air making it hard for dick to breath more than the punctured lung was. Bruce seemed to be the one who broke the ice.

"Some fight you had there." He commented lamely.

"Really could not call in a fight." Dick choked out the first few words, his throat raw and unforgiving at him talking, he started to cough more, barely finishing the sentence.So instead of talking again, dick gave the 'why the hell are you here?' questioning look.

Bruce sighed a little, walking over to the bedside. Saying the words that always meant trouble "We need to talk."