Chilled Legacy VII

A/N: HI. New chapter.... idk what else to say lmao.
P.S: Hi Angie. Happy now?
P.S 2: Hi Joey

Chilled Legacy VII

It didn't take long for the bathroom to freeze. How he'd got there was a blur. He remembered passing a group of girls on the way. One might've called his name, but Draco didn't stop to chat.

"This is my house you're puking in," Myrtle half laughed.

He could tell she was trying to make him feel better, but right now he only saw red. Screw you Slughorn. Screw you potter.
The last one wasn't fair. Harry didn't know the nerves would lead him to return the food he'd forced him to eat, but screw that too. Screw everyone.

The voice spoke to him in the midst of the pain, giving him the same advice as last time, but he wouldn't succumb to the ice.
It was a drug with a terrible side effect. He didn't care if it took the panic attack away this time. Draco would rather hurl his guts out and involuntarily frost the school than let it win.

He fell asleep at one point during the end of the ordeal. It was only for ten minutes, but when he awoke, it all had melted.
The bottom of his robes were soaked from the flooded floor, and he was sure he smelled like puke.
Even so, he didn't mind taking a longer nap in the mess had a pair of splashing footsteps not reached his ears.
Someone knocked on the cubicle.

His blood ran cold.

"Mr. Malfoy," came McGonagall's voice. "Mr. Malfoy, open up."

Had she seen the ice while he was out? His hand was asleep from where he'd rested his head. Shakily, he reached for the lock and the door swung open.
McGonagall's nose twitched at the smell. She stared down at him with warm, sad eyes. It was like for the first time she wasn't seeing Draco, but rather just the average, non-Death Eater student.
Draco blinked, thinking he'd imagined the look, but it remained.
Maybe McGonagall wasn't like the other teachers.

Her voice was calm. "Are you sick?" She lifted him up. "Where does it hurt?"

He shook his head, feeling a familiar pricking sensation at the corners of his eyes. "I'm not sick. I just..."

"You just what, Mr. Malfoy?"

Draco wiped at his eyes, but he was sure McGonagall had already seen.

"I left. Slughorn..." his voice faltered. McGonagall didn't make him continue.

Instead, she looked down at his half soaked robes, tired eyes and said, "Go to the Prefects bathroom, get changed, then meet me at my office.
Draco nodded, turning to walk away, jumping slightly at the soft rub on the shoulder from his teacher.

***

Today was not the day for experimenting. Draco settled for a quick shower, spelled his hair dry, and his clothes clean. He flinched upon seeing his reflection. Blond locks stuck out in several different places. Draco ran his hands through it, getting rid of the worst of the damage.

Astoria and Lovegood stopped him in the hall. Draco didn't know what was happening. No words were exchanged, but suddenly Astoria was hugging the life out of him while Luna watched the oxygen leave his body.

Luna smiled. "Hello, Draco."

"Hey," he gasped.

"Astoria, you're killing him."

She pulled away, blushing a bit. What the hell had gotten into her?
"I saw you running. I tried to talk to you, but you didn't see. Then I asked Harry and—I'm sorry, I was just worried."