Chilled Legacy XXI: Finale

A/N: Tadaa-the last chapter.
Well, I'm adding a bonus epilogue after this, but this is technically the end since the bonus chapter is pretty much just me having attachment issues with this story. Plus, the other chapter is also quite short (and finished, I just have to edit)
Anyway,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE REVIEWS (please tell me what you thought of the end?)
Hope you enjoy!

-Lauralydney

It was dark.

Harry had barely glanced at it for more than the blink of an eye, but that was just it. It was longer than the blink of an eye and the mirror was still dark. He didn't stop to think, instead pulled harder at his foot.
He'd landed almost exactly where he aimed too—Draco was the push of a door away. Now if he could only get his foot out of the toilet and run to the other room everything would be okay.

Harry screamed loud and unintelligible word, yanking clumsily. Some of which he was sure were stop or don't kill him, or just plain screams, hoping the killers could hear him. Finally, he pulled loose and tumbled out of the mirror shop's bathroom.
Harry didn't stop to check the rest of his limbs. If his foot hadn't been attached to his body, he would've run out without it.

Which room was it? Harry couldn't hear any talking. Why was the mirror still black? Everything was moving slower. Like time was usually at the speed a plummeting acorn, but suddenly changed to the landing of a feather. He couldn't think straight, let alone remember which of the three doors lead to the execution room. Harry lunged for the closest just in time to see the sword come down on Draco.
Time didn't slow in that millisecond.
Time stopped.

The missing glass from the reptile cage, the shattered cup of wine, and the blowing up of Aunt Marge were nothing compared to the level of emotion that shot through Harry in that millisecond.

He hadn't finished shouting "no!" when the sword was thrown backwards and shattered like thin glass, Harry's hand still outstretched.

***

Thump

Thump

Thump

Nothing was happening. Sure, Draco wouldn't be able to feel it, but maybe he was already dead? Slowly, he began to sense the anxiety creep up then turn to panic when he was unable to physically react to anything.
Was it always going to be dark? He at least expected to feel something. Then again, considering how he lived his life, burning fire was probably more along the lines of what he expected. Maybe the dark nothingness was what he wanted to believe would be there forever.

Thump

Nope. Still alive.

Had all those thoughts really only taken a heartbeat?

Draco saw it. A bright light as the veil of his eyes was lifted, followed by an angel. She was beautiful, with long locks of honey brown hair that curled at the bottom, and lips in a constant pout that reminded Draco of a strawberry.

Feeling returned to his body and the first thing he felt as he stood shakily was the quick and painful burning on his cheek.

The angel had slapped him.

Then, she stared long and hard into his eyes before throwing herself at him, sobbing. Her body weighed heavier than ever before.

"Astoria?"

Draco sighed and hugged her tighter, but it didn't feel tight enough. His muscles felt like lead. He blinked, trying to clear away the blurriness of the room. Hermione stood about a meter in front of them beside V who looked on the verge of a heart attack.