Chapter 8

Nate's POV
It was during the week that I had realized Niall was different. His entire personality was different.

Niall was shy and quiet but at the same time, he's been behaving worse which isn't good.

I would've left him alone to deal with it because Niall is an independent person but when he's being trouble to everyone in the house, that's when I decided to do something.

It was when we were eating dinner, on Monday. Beginning of the week so I let him off the hook a lot.

We were at the table eating when Niall began acting like a child.

"I don't like this." Niall declared. He had his arms crossed and he was leaning back on the chair.

"Its soup, Niall. I thought you loved soup?" I said. I was mad already. Niall had been disrespectful all day.

"Not this kind. This one tastes-" Niall pretended to gag.

I wasn't offended but if it were someone else's food, they'd be offended.

"Hey!" I sternly said.

Nathaniel and Jack both looked at me, their attention completely on us.

"Apologize." I ordered.

Niall looked at me, keeping eye contact as if he was thinking about it doing as I said.

"Why?" Niall asked.

I realized another thing about Niall.

Lately, he's been showing no emotions. No regret, guilt or even fear and Niall usually breaks down crying when he knows he's gonna go in my office.

"Because it's disrespectful and rude, what you had said. And why do you keep giving me so much attitude?" I leaned forward on the table, Niall who sat directly in front me.

He shrugged. That really bothered me.

You know when your little siblings just are so rude to you? When they're five years younger and ignore you and call you an idiot? You know that feeling you get, that anger?

That's how I felt right now. I wanted to snap his neck.

"You don't know?" I asked.

He shook his head, no.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked.

Throughout this entire thing, Niall maintained the same posture and kept eye contact.

He was a lot more braver these days, same childish face though.

"I've had enough of you. Apologize and finish your soup." I ordered. "Then go to your room."

It was probably almost 7.

"I don't want this soup." He said again.

He moved the bowl of soup further from him.

Nathaniel and Jack sat uncomfortably, slowly taking sips of the soup.

"Don't tell me this is bad." I said. "Because hat is extremely-"

"But it is bad." Niall said. "Maybe you didn't add enough flavour or something cause I don't really like it."

I stood up, my chair screeching as it pushed back.

I had enough control not to go over to Niall and strangle him but I was afraid that wouldn't last long.

"What the hell did I just say?" I roared.

My voice ended up being a lot loud than expected because even Jack and Nathaniel flinched at my yelling.

Niall was looking up at me now, Niall sitting was short and I was already quite tall. Yet Niall still looked unregretful.