O1. I'm So Scared

"mom, what do you mean your sending me off?"

amelia urie tried not to get mad as her only child, brendon, asked her a question he had probably asked twenty times this past month. but it was horrible, and the question brought her to tears. "they're going to take care of you, baby." she managed to hoarse out, her husband laying a comforting hand on her shoulder as they kept driving. brendon nodded his head, looking out the window at the unfamiliar road. "okay."

brendon watched with curiousity as a large iron gate appeared faster than he thought. "wow, are we here already?" he asked, awe in his expression. "we left six hours ago, brendie." amelie mumbled as they drove through the gates, driving through a somewhat long gravel road that was flanked by neatly trimmed green hedges, until they stopped at a circular driveway. brendon's father parked the car and got out, getting out the one suitcase his son was permitted to have. "mom, why are you sending me off?" brendon asked.

"so they can take care of you. so they can keep you sane." amelia whispered in a bit of a mantra. brendon smiled and nodded. "okay." he got out of the car, giving his dad a half-hug and grabbing his luggage. he was greeted by two men, one blonde and one dark hair, the light haired one in a doctor's coat and the dark haired one in an identical coat, although his was light grey. the blonde had a stethoscope and carried a clipboard, while the dark haired man carried keys and held a notepad.

"hello, you must be brendon." the blonde one said, a kind smile on his face. "i'm doctor stump." he said, his tone as kind as his demeanor. "i don't like last names." brendon said bluntly, and a flush rose to his father's face. "what he was meaning to say was-" the dark - haired man laughed. "oh don't worry, mister urie. here at washington sanitorium, we like to take care of our patients, no matter what they like. and if brendon doesn't like last names, well." he shrugged, looking down at the boy, who was almost his height.

"i'm peter, but you can call me pete." he said, and brendon smiled, nodding his head and looking expentantly at the man in the white coat. "i'm patrick," he said, and brendon nodded again, trying to peek at the looming building overhead. "eager to get inside are we?" pete teased, and brendon nodded, looking at his father for aprooval. the man gave his son a hug, then went in the car- but not before he looked at the two men who directed the whole building. "take care of him, won't you?" he said, care in his tone.

"of course we will," pete replied with a kind smile, but boyd urie could've sworn he saw something else in his dark eyes. but he shrugged it off, getting in the car and driving off. both men looked at the expentant brendon. "ready?" brendon grinned.