O7. Don't Even Bother

there was no denying that kevin and kennedy were part of the mad house now. they acted like normal patients, and as far as patrick stump had seen, they had no reason to murder anyone yet, and they seemed to like everyone. perhaps that was their cure, just a little bit of friendship.

presently, it was lunch -- the body of oli had been cleared away and taken to the mourge, and the remaining patients sat at their usual little tables with their friends and ate -- at least most of them did. the mculloughs were sitting with william beckett, kellin quinn, and gabe saporta under supervision of travie, while brendon urie sat with ryan ross and jack barackat and alex gaskarth, under supervision of hayley. the rest of the patients were probably in therapy, or off seeing one of the doctor's, or simply had a different lunch hour.

"you're alex?" asked brendon, his attention directed to jack, who we was trying to bond with. "i'm jack," jack replied kindly and patiently with a smile. he nodded his head at alex, who was sitting next to him. "and this is alex. you're doing good brendon." brendon smiled in response, leaning against ryan, who looked like he might collapse under the weight of brendon, but allowed him to do so anyways.

alex raised a piece of pasta to his mouth. "have you guys heard from beckett yet? we got some new patients coming in, apparently." ryan nodded his head. "yeah, some gays named spencer and jon. poor guys, they're gonna probably die before the 'cure' is reached."

jack and alex murmured in agreement, while brendon looked up at ryan with curiosity. "why? what do they do with gays? there's nothing wrong with being gay." ryan sighed, glancing at nurse hayley. lowering his voice, he nodded his head to brendon's food, to make him continue eating. "well, it's just, gay's get the electric treatments. and those can be pretty harsh." he whispered softly. brendon nodded, swallowing down his food. ryan smiled.

across the lunchroom, kellin quinn tapped his fingers in amusement as he heard kevin talk. he liked the mcullough's, they were blunt and upfront about every single thing-- hell, when he had introduced himself, he was greeted with "your hair is messy and you need new blonde streaks, you need to take a shower because you smell like crap, and you'd be hot if it wasn't for that." (from kennedy) and (from kevin) "i probably won't kill you." reassuring.

william had already made fast friends with them, and it was nice to see william perky and happy. that was his best personality, in kellin's eyes. "so anyways, we'll get the gay's tomorrow a bit past four, and vic should be here at approximately ten in the morning! and i think we all know about hannah." kellin frowned, looking in confusion at william. hannah? was he talking about oli's girlfriend? gabe finished his thoughts.

"bill, what's up with snowdon?" william shrugged his shoulders. "nothing, just that she's sad, that's all." he raised his fork to his mouth, but dropped it as gabe gripped the side of his stomach with scary strenght, causing william to whine in pain. "g-gabey.." he pleaded.

"/i said, what's wrong with snowdon?!/" gabe said through gritted teeth. kellin swallowed, looking between the two, then at travie. "s-sir," he said loudly, so he looked over. at that, doctor mccoy grabbed gabe and got him off of william. "another movement like that and it's aquatics for you, saporta." he snarled, and gabe winced. if there was one thing gabe was afraid of, it was the hydrotic therapy.

"there's nothing wrong with hannah, gabriel. nothing yet." kevin replied calmly, looking at gabe steadily, and it wasn't until then that kellin noticed kevin hadn't taken a bite out of his food.