O6. Are You Happy Now?

"jack."

looking up upon hearing his name, jack barakat glanced at his roommate, alex william gaskarth. alex was a tall, slim guy, with messy light brown hair that currently had a bright pink streak, and a rose tattoo on his hand that went along with his hair streak so well. swallowing, jack ran a hand through his blonde and black hair. "yeah?" he asked, stepping forward and pushing a piece of alex's hair back.

alex had gotten used to jack's little mannerisms of the sort, it was his disorder after all - jack couldn't control himself. and that occasionally ended up in awkward situations. "jack, you dissapoint me." alex said blandly, not even looking up or reacting to jack's affectionate actions.

jack said nothing.

"you're an absolute failure, jack. you're all bad. you dug yourself into this hole of self pity and hurt and nobody can get you out, and you're only digging the hole bigger, jack. and i'm tempted to cover up the hole and let you suffocate, jack."

jack still said nothing.

it was in alex's nature to do and say things like these. alex was an amazing to hang around with when he was at his high, he complimented you and said your flaws were nonexistent - but to live through his highs, you had to deal with his lows as well. and jack did that.

"i hate you, jack."

jack bit down on his bottom lip, hard, as a few tears streamed down his cheeks. "you don't mean that, lex." he whispered, more to himself than alex, his voice shaky and broken. "yes i do." alex replied calmly, his gaze looking up to meet jack's.

"i love you, alex." jack whispered, pulling alex up and crashing his lips into his. a surge of chemicals ran through alex's mind, and with a matter of what felt like seconds, but in reality was minutes, alex loosened up and kissed jack in return, his arms lazily going around the other's neck.

pulling away for breath, alex smiled. "you're amazing jack. you're like wine, and i want to get drunk. i'm so in love with you, it's crazy. i love you, jack." he whispered, every word as honest and kind as it could be.

"i know you do." jack whispered back, a small smile on his lips, although it was a bit more broken than before.