Chapter 5 - Good News!

Saki pov:

"We feel really humbled that someone as great as you is buying something from our shop." I was blushing and rubbing the back of my neck with an awkward smile.

Hirohito san had come to the shop and was looking through all of our works. He and his wife had already picked out four sets of jewelry, two paintings and several ceramics. They were still walking around the shop looking for other things they wanted to buy. Eri and I followed them excited and embarrassed, finding the fact that such a great artist, a rich one at that, had come to our small shop and was buying so many things.

I'm sure they could buy even more expensive stuff from branded shops if they wanted to.

"Come on now, Saki chan! You and Erika chan are really talented artists! You should be proud of all the amazing pieces tyu make. They're just like the ones you see in malls and other big shops. And I happen to be a fan of your ceramics, Saki chan. I can't not buy from here, can I?" Hirohito san winked, making Eri and I blush.

"I feel really honored, Hirohito san." I gave a bow to him, still flushed, earning a chuckle.

"Please, Saki chan. Raise your head. Both you and Erika chan are fine artists and have a lot of talent to become world famous pros. Being nice to everyone, accepting constructive criticism is fine but you should always hold you head high and be proud of every single piece you do. They are your works; a result of dedication, effort and time. They have your unique style and you should develop it so the minute someone sees a piece, they should know it was done by you. It's time the two of you started pushing your way through the crowd to get yourselves in the spotlight." He advised, a gentle and encouraging smile coming onto his features.

"That's how all artists get famous. You need to push your way through, advertise and let people know what you do. Show them your talent and you'll get more people looking forward to seeing and buying your works."

"Wow....I didn't know that advertising worked that way." Eri commented, her eyes wide in surprise.

Hirohito san laughed again and picked up a colorful rice bowl in his hand. "These words come from experience so you can trust them whole heartedly. Don't stop from selling your works in this shop. You'll need to have a constant strong income source....and I'll be sad if I can't buy anymore of your works." He teased, making both of us giggle. "But don't give up on your big dream either. It won't be easy reaching where you want to be. But with perseverance, hard work and a strong will, you can achieve anything."

"Your words are really inspiring, Hirohito san. Thank you." I could feel the blood in my veins rushing at his words of motivation.

"I'm glad to hear that. Now, will one of you pretty young ladies pack the items for us so we can take it home safely?"

"Dear, are you teasing them again?" His wife, Izumi san spoke as she joined up with us. She had another painting in hand and she gave Hirohito san a scolding look when she noticed how Eri and I were blushing.

"I'm not teasing them, Izumi! I just called them pretty young ladies. It is the truth, isn't it?" He put an arm around her shoulder smiling warmly.

"He was also giving us some good advice to help us get better at advertising our works, Izumi san. And thank you for the compliment, Hirohito san, Izumi san." I supported.

"I see! That's good. We want to see the two of you get even more famous. Saki chan and Erika chan are so talented and most definitely such sweethearts." Izumi san complimented as she reached out to push some of my stubborn strands of hair behind my ear. I involuntarily leaned into her, liking the motherly gesture.