Chapter 19 - Warmth

Saki pov:

I hummed a happy tune to myself while I worked on the wheel. It was a pleasant morning and everything was perfect. My life had burst into even more vivid colors after what had happened with Starrk yesterday. Just thinking about the way he had his arm wrapped around me holding me to himself, the words he said that showed that he had accepted me made me feel like grinning wide. And he had said that he was the possessive type....that made my heart race!

"Well, well, Saki chan! You're in a good mood today." I looked up, my smile widening.

"Hirohito san!" I chimed and stopped the wheel.

I got up, washed my hands and walked over to him. Tomo had already gone off to greet him energetically and he was receiving a nice scratch behind his ears. When I reached where Hirohito san was, he let go of Tomo and stood up.

"How have you been, Hirohito san? It's been so long since I heard from you."

He laughed and ruffled my head once. "I've been doing good, Saki chan. And it's good to see that you and your companion have been doing well too. I haven't seen you smile like this in so long....I'm feeling refreshed!"

I giggled and beckoned him to look around the shop. "Would you like something to eat or drink while you look around?"

"No, I'm fine." Hirohito san chuckled. "Anyway, you see exceptionally radiant today! I've never seen you in such high spirits before....even when you had a successful exhibition. Did something good happen?"

I bit my lip to hold back a blush. I interlocked my fingers behind me and rocked on my heels like a little kid. "Well, you could say that."

"Do I get to ask what it is?" He pressed with a teasing smile.

I put my finger on my lips and winked. "That's a secret!"

"Alright! Alright!" Hirohito san laughed heartily. "Anyway, I'm here because I have a request for you, Saki chan."

"A request?" I asked curiously.

He reached into his pocket and got out a photograph. He held it out to me so I could have a look at it. It was a picture of a porcelain tea set. It was very beautiful and had characters written on the kettle as well as the cups in Chinese in a stylized brush font.

 It was very beautiful and had characters written on the kettle as well as the cups in Chinese in a stylized brush font

"This is a picture of the tea set that I had with me a few years ago. It was a gift from a very close friend of my wife and she really liked it. When we shifted to Karakura Town, the movers misplaced it. I found this picture when I was cleaning the attic a few days ago. I hadn't been able to find another set like this anywhere and I hadn't seen anyone skilled enough and I had confidence in to make an exact replica. But I believe that you will be able to make it for us. It was Izumi's suggestion to ask you for the favor. Can you give it a try?"

"You think I can make this? It's not very complicated but being able to replicate it with the exact same design and the shape will be a challenge." I said, tracing my fingers over the picture.