Chapter 31 - New Beginnings

This chapter is dedicated to Akiko_Ichimaru! Happy reading! :3

Please listen to the song! It's Bleach Ending 22 - Tabidatsu kimi e. Really nice song and brings back nostalgic memories of bleach! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saki pov:

"Aunt Chiyo.....Yuuya kun...." I called out softly.

Yuuya kun turned to look at me and I flinched under his gaze. Besides looking dull, a hint of anger flashed through his eyes when he saw me. He got up from the stool, glancing at Aunt Chiyo once to make sure she didn't awake and walked to me.

"Saki? You're coming here now?" He asked, his voice sharp.

"Yuuya kun, how is Aunt Chiyo? Why is she in the hospital? What's going on?" I asked, making sure that I kept my voice low.

"You know Aunt Chiyo collapsed that day. You even came to the orphanage. You said you were going home for a few hours and you disappeared for a whole week! I couldn't even reach you on phone! What, were you busy flirting with your boyfriend to remember Aunt Chiyo?" He spat, looking at Starrk with a hint of distaste.

"What are you saying, Yuuya kun? How can you even think I would do such a thing when Aunt Chiyo is in such a condition?!"

I know he was worried and he was hurt that I wasn't there during the tough time. But this was no way to talk to me! He knew what kind of person I was, he knew how much I cared for Aunt Chiyo and all the children at the orphanage! Shouldn't he think for a moment and ask me why I hadn't returned for a week instead of jumping into conclusions?

"Then what am I supposed to think? You turn up here when Aunt Chiyo is in critical condition, with a man no less, and you expect me to believe that you were worried about us?" Yuuya kun sounded more pained than angry now and I shook my head, tears making their way down my cheeks.

"Oi, shouldn't you listen to her first?" Starrk spoke from besides me.

I opened my mouth to speak but I suddenly felt dizzy. The room spun and my knees buckled. The stress and the pain through my body were starting to overwhelm me and once again, Starrk caught me and sank to the floor with me leaning back against his chest.

"Saki, I told you not to strain yourself!" Starrk scolded again. "Does it hurt too much? I shouldn't have brought you here...."

I kept my eyes shut and took deep steady inhales. I felt horrible. I felt so horrible that I had to bite my lip to hold in a whimper.

"Hey, what happened? What's going on?" Yuuya kun too got down on one knee and held my shoulder gently.

"She was in an accident. She was unconscious for a week." Starrk said simply.

"An accident?! Where was she hurt?"

"Across her chest and torso. It's what you would call a miracle that she's alive and made it all the way here just after waking up." Starrk explained.

"O-oh, I didn't know....." Yuuya kun said softly. "I'm sorry for what I said earlier, Saki. Aunt Chiyo isn't in any good condition....the doctors said that they're not sure what will happen. And Aunt Chiyo really wanted to see you so I got a little angry that you didn't come for a week. I mean, I couldn't even reach you through phone."

"I can understand, Yuuya kun. Starrk? Can you take me closer to Aunt Chiyo, please?"

I reached out to caress Lilynette's cheeks with the back of my fingers before Starrk lifted me up in his arms and took me closer to the bed. From what I had understood, Starrk was visible to regular humans. I don't know what he had done to make that happen but I was glad for it. Lilynette, however, wasn't visible to Yuuya kun or any other human we passed by and she was sulking. When I caressed her cheek, she had blushed and looked away feeling a little better.