Chapter 11 - Bonding

Seiji pov:

"All right, class! Make sure you finish the assignment for tomorrow. It will be included in your final grading so I expect to see some hard work!" I rolled my eyes at the teacher's lecture. This is what he said for every assignment he gave us but none of them ever added up to our final marks anyway.

Seeing that the teacher was done with his class for the day and glad that school itself had ended for today, all the students including me got up from our seats. I shoved my notebook into my bag and picked up my blazer that I had hung on the backrest of the chair. I put it on but didn't bother buttoning it up. I walked out of the classroom ignoring everyone around me just as they ignored me all the time.

As I passed by one of the groups of guys standing in the corridor, I heard them snicker. They were planning something....I knew it from the way their snickers were directed to me. It was a common occurrence but I didn't bother trying to guess what they had planned to do this time.

This particular group of students was from rich families. They were my seniors by two years and most definitely knew of my family background. It was actually thanks to them that everyone in the school found out that I was an illegitimate child to one of the biggest CEO's in the world, born from a woman who was a maid at his mansion. It wasn't like my mother wanted to have the kind of relationship with that b****** that would ruin her chance to ever have a real family. What did these people know about how much she hated him for doing what he had done to her?

But she never let people's comments bother her. She loved me more than anything in the world even though I was a result of what that b****** had done to her. She never blamed me for anything and always told me that I was her child, her blood, born from her body and was pure. She never lost that warm smile and I hated it when people spoke badly about her. I didn't mind if I was being bullied or called names or whatever for the identity I had but if anyone said anything about my mother, I would make sure that they would regret it!

It's not like I didn't mind being bullied either. I could control my anger and ignore the comments most of the time but if it got too much to handle, I would end up fighting. It was the same in primary school, middle school and now in high school. I grew up hating everyone around me, letting out steam by beating up guys from my school and other schools. I had no friends and obviously no chance of having a girlfriend either. The teachers considered me as a black mark to the school even though I had the best scores in the whole of the first years.

To the world, I was nothing more than a delinquent. A person they didn't want in their 'esteemed' existence.

I walked to my locker and pulled out the key from my pocket. When I opened the locker, I clenched my jaw irritated. One of the guys had stuffed food from today's lunch into the locker through the air slits and it had stained my gym clothes as well as one of the assignments I had kept ready for submission in tomorrow's biology class. I don't know when the food had been put into my locker but it seemed to have been quite some time back because it had the stink of spoilt food.

I sucked in a sharp breath through my teeth to hold in my anger. I would have to redo the assignment and wash my gym clothes at home today. It wasn't a big deal because I had been through worse before. I didn't want to let this provoke me and get me into trouble again.

Sighing, I took both the spoilt assignment as well as the spoilt clothes and stuffed them into my bag to take home.

"Does anyone smell that?" I heard one of the rich kids call out across the hallway. "Someone isn't getting enough cash to buy food! It looks to me like a certain garbage picker is saving up on his rich daddy's pocket money so he at least doesn't look like a garbage picker!"