Deadly promise

Sasuk patted Naruto's head delicately. "Don't cry, my love. I'm lucky enough to live a hundred years."

The sorrowful boy cried and cried, shaking his head refusing to hear any of this.

He can't just go away like that

He can't just go.

"I'll find a way to save you, I-I will!" Naruto declared.

"Just wait here. I'll be back soon. I promise." and the boy ran off.

"No!" but the king reacted too late, he was already gone. "Don't waste your time Naruto.. My time is running out." he mumbled, unable to run after him because he was very weak, so weak that he almost could not feel his legs, or in fact any part of his body.

He felt so numb.

No one would have thought the king would fall to his demise like this.

Some say it was karma, other say he was just cursed.

Naruto, who was still in the hospital, approached every doctor he could find working, but none of them heard of his condition before and were unable to help. He wasn't ready to give up yet, he ran outside and approached strangers for help. Some referred him to the black magician, some suggested the witch.

"Sorry, I don't have a potion or a spell to heal your friend." The ugly witch spoke, she searched through her old dusty books, flipping through pages then throwing them aside in her old, cramped and filthy hut.

"No, please. You have to know.." the bird pleaded, he was the only thing that was glowing in the dim room.

"What will I be rewarded with?" she smirked evilly with her bony fingers running through her dried and frizzy grey hair.

He thought carefully for awhile, wondering what was Zeyis currency. But when he thought of nothing in mind, he simply answered, "I am the bird, I am an Azure. The only one."

She gasped, "Oh my.. You? An azure?" There was a sinister look in her eyes as she craved for it.

"An azure can be mixed with many potions. It will be a powerful potion. You might even save your own friend. I can't assure you that though. But just maybe.."

"Really?! Even if it's the slightest chance of saving him, I'll take it!"

"But... You have to be dead."

Naruto kept silent for awhile before he bit his lip and nodded.

"I-I understand. Give me one more day and I shall return. Just give me some time.." he decided.

"Very well. Don't take too long." she smirked.

Naruto was eager to save his lover, even if it means he was to die for him.

He exited her shack and made his way to the hospital slowly. He can't help but feel down even though he might be saving Sasuke's life in the exchange of his own.

He didn't want to die so quickly.

But neither does Sasuke..

"Hi Sasuke. I'm back." he trembled.

Sasuke frowned as he realized he lost the ability to read his lover's thoughts.

"You look so miserable. Did something happen?" he reached out his hands to touch his beloved's face.

"Sorry I can't read your thoughts anymore. I don't know what you want." he continued.

"You'll always know what I want. You are what I want." he looked down.

He smiled, " I love you. "

And he kissed the sorrowful bird on his forehead.

And whispered, "Are you upset because you can't find a cure for me?"

Naruto shook his head, with tears streaming down his face.

What should he do?