Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

1 | kasey

"This job's definitely for you, Kase

     "This job's definitely for you, Kase."

     Theresa was trying to tell Kasey about the babysitting for half an hour now, but Kasey wasn't convinced at all. Firstly, she had no experience in babysitting and secondly, it was a night shift. What kind of parents left their baby alone at night? Theresa was Kasey's childhood friend and Matt, her brother, was the one who told her about the job.

     "And how's that?" Kasey scoffed, her gaze on her book. "I have zero experience with babies."

     "That's not true, didn't you take care of your brother?"

       Looking at her friend, Kasey rolled her eyes. "I was just eleven, Tess. Believe me, I just cuddled him and sometimes, fed. Mom handled most of the hard stuff like changing the diaper. But seriously," she sighed, "I'm not qualified for this job."

      Grabbing Kasey's book from her hands, Tess put it aside and forced her friend to look at her. "You've been looking for a job since forever and this is a night shift. Just as you want. And you'll not be a bartender or anything, just a babysitter. Besides that, babies sleep at night, Kase, how hard can it be to handle him?" Kasey didn't say anything, folding her arms together. She wasn't sure at all about it but the more Tess talked the more convinced she was getting. "Also, that's Matt's best friend's baby. I know him so well—he's cool and nice. Also, he'll be gone during the time and you'll have the house to yourself."

      "What about the mother?"

      "Uh, she probably works, too. I have no idea. Matt said you'd be alone all night."

     How hard can it be? Kasey thought. It was just a baby and he'd probably sleep during her shift. The wage was also tempting, and she'd have two days off. She could even take her coursework there and do it while the boy was asleep. Suddenly the idea seemed brilliant. She really needed a job and the safest one was this among all the ones she considered.

Tess was eyeing her friend with hopeful eyes. She knew how much she needed a job because she needed to support her family ever since their company went bankrupt, and knowing Matt and Jian, she knew this job was perfect for Kasey.

"I think you know the father. He graduated with Matt and you must have seen him around when you came over." Kasey looked at her. "Jian. Jian Li."

Kasey sort of remembered his face. They graduated last year, and she went to the ceremony with Tess. She remembered the girl who claimed she was pregnant with his child and that scandal was something that'd always be craved in her and many more people's minds. Sadly, that was the only thing that came up when she heard Jian Li. Well, she also knew he was successful and handsome. And Tess' crush when they first started college.

"I know what you're thinking," Tess murmured. "But Matt says Jian's changed a lot. Besides that, he's now a father." And taken, Kasey thought. Not that she minded if he was single either. She would take care of herself.