Chapter 24

I finally pulled myself out of the people's grasp and ran to the ambulance where they were putting in Daniel. "I'm sorry Ms only family members." The paramedic. "He has no family here, I'm his girlfriend!" I exclaimed being straight foward. It wasn't a complete lie, I mean I did date him we weren't exactly together- Focus Gracie! He shook his head and stepped aside to let me in. I stood out of the way as they closed the doors and put the oxygen mask on him. We were on our way to the hospital as Daniel started to regain consciousness. "Gracie." He whispered, but it sounded muffled with the mask on. "I'm here Daniel, we are on our way to the hospital you will be okay." I said running my handa through his hair to sooth him. "We need his name." One of the paramedics said. I looked down at Daniel worried, but he looked back at me with confidence. He wanted me to remember something. I furrowed my eyebrows and thought for a second. "Rogatinsky." I whispered. "Daniel Rogatinsky." I said and Daniel grabbed my hand squeezing it. I remember that he told me his real last name.

Through his whole criminal life that he started he always went with 'Skye' so no one knew about Rogatinsky. Daniel Rogatinsky does not have any criminal records. We arrived at the hospital in a matter of minutes and he was rolled into the emergency room. I knew that they wouldn't let me in so I stood there watching them take him away. "You can wait in the waiting room while we do our job, we have this handled." I heard someone say but my eyes stayed glued to the door were Daniel disappeared into a few seconds ago. I slightly nodded and made my way inside and took a seat. I took out my phone and saw a bunch of missed calls, texts, and voicemails. I saw some missed calls from my mom and decided to call her first. After the second ring she answered. "OH GRACIELA" She exclaimed. "Hi mom." I whispered. "What is going on? Annakaren called me but she sounded so frantic I couldn't understand! She said it has something to do with you, I was so worried."

"I'm totally okay don't worry. It's just that... Daniel took a bullet for me... I'm in the waiting room, they just brought him in." I let out. "I'LL BE ON THE NEXT PLANE OVER THERE!" She yelled. "No mom everything will be-" She hung up. I turned my phone off and leaned my head against the wall. I let my tears fall once again and ot seems like I would never run out. Knowing that Daniel risked his life for me shows that he cares. No guy would ever have done that for me. The only question that is running through my mind is; Who held the gun? It was aimed perfectly at me, my chest to be more specific. Someone out there wants me dead. Knowing that I'm in danger, I'm more afraid that my friends and family are also in danger. For example Daniel.

Later

I have been waiting here for about 4 hours. Annakaren has come by to give me food and keep me comapny. The others have also been here but don't stay for long. I'm currnetly alone while Karen is at her house taking a shower saying she will be here shortly. "Daniel Rogatinsky." I quickly stood up and speed walked to the docter. "Are you Graciela?" He asked. "Yes, that's me." I said anxiously. "He's asking for you, room 102." The doctor smiled and I gave him a wide smile walking past him and started running down the hall. I stood at the door out of breath and composed myself.

I opened the door and stepped inside hearing beeping sounds and shuffling. I looked at the bed to see Daniel trying to sit up. I quickly closed the door and ran to his side. "No, just lay down." I said as I helped him back down. "Gracie... You're actually here." Daniel breathed out. "Of course I am, you saved me." I said and he shook his head. "All I do is harm you..."

"No, I know you had nothing to do with that incident."

"That's not what I'm talking about." He said. I sighed and looked down at my hand which is entwined with his. I know exactly what he's talking about. "I don't even know what to say about that, but I'm not mad." I looked back up at him to see his faced full of confusion. "Why? You should be infuriated."

"I'm... I'm not sure. All I know is that I love you. You may be twisted but I just can't keep away from you."

"You should be running away." I smiled at him. "That's like asking everyone in this generation to keep away from their phones. It's impossible. What you did is unforgivable, but I'm willing to look past it." I said. "Oh Graciela." He gently grabbed my face and pulled me in giving me a light kiss. "I love you... so much." He whispered. "I love you too."

~~
UPDATE NOT THE END

~Jessica♡