Come Back To Us

Back in Bludhaven we entered the Warehouse and were met with an unexpected sight: The Justice League. 

"What are you all doing here?" I growled. They looked sad. "Please come back. We underestimated all of you. We're sorry," Green Arrow started. Flash had tears in his eyes, "Please Wally. Iris needs you back too." Superman nodded, "I'm sorry Conner. I'm sorry to all of you too." Batman sighed, "If you will all come back, we are reinstating the Team officially and you can go back to the mountain." The team was so excited but I was just standing off to the side. I would miss them.

KF seemed to notice me and so did the team. "Not without Nightwing," Wally protested. Batman didn't like that, "I don't know about him. He is not joining the team." "He protected us! Saved us! Gave us a home here!" Artemis defended me. "We won't go without him," M'gann stated fiercely which surprised everyone. Superboy growled, "You take all of us or none of us." 

Most the League nodded but Batman was unsure. We had an intense staredown until he broke eye contact. "Fine," Batman said, "But I need to have a talk with Nightwing." 

I cringed and the team smiled. I nodded to them letting them know they could go back to their mentors. They hugged their mentors and even Superman hugged Conner.

Batman approached me and I sighed, "What do you want Bats?" He cringed at the shortened name, "I need to know who you are." "No thanks. I prefer to not tell, Bruce," I threw his name in his face to let him know I knew everything about him. "How did you know that?" Bruce asked. I smirked, "I'm the second best detective." 

That was something I always used to say as Robin when with Bats and I kinda hoped he would recognize what I said. For a moment he didn't realize it until I said, "It is so not whelming that you don't recognize me." His eyes went wide and he pulled his cowl off. Luckily we were out of sight of the team and League. "Dick?" Bruce asked. I sighed and removed my mask glaring at him.

"I'm sorry," Bruce said suddenly and hugged me. I was shocked  but I hugged him back. Needless to say I missed him. I missed home. I missed Barbara. I missed the team. I missed the League. I missed Alfred. Most of all I missed.....Alfred's cookies. 

I looked up at Bruce and smiled. Bruce sighed, "Will you come back home with me? Come back to us? Alfred and I." I nodded then put my mask back on, "I should probably tell the team."