VII

{written: January 20, 2018}
{published: April 5, 2018}
{unedited}
_____________________

Luke was ignoring Ashton.

He didn't understand why Ashton told that man that Luke was his 'friend.'

Was Ashton ashamed of him? Did he not want people to know about them?

You may be thinking, "why not just ask Ashton about it?"

It's not that simple, especially considering how stubborn Luke is.

He wants Ashton to know what he did wrong. Telling him was too easy.

So, he was sitting on the living room couch, nothing but a blanket over his shoulders, watching television while eating his bowl of fruit.

"Luke." Ashton said exhausted.

Luke stared straight at the tv and said nothing.

"Baby what did I do? Why are you ignoring me?" He asked.

"You should know." Is all Luke said before getting up and walking into the guest bedroom to lay down.

Ashton sighed, "So you won't even sleep in our room?!" He yelled at Luke before hearing the door slam.

Ashton groaned and punched the wall, creating a dent.

"Fuck." He whispered to himself.

He walked upstairs to one of the guest bedrooms and heard small sniffles.

Ashton knocked, "Baby?" He softly called out.

"Go away Ashton." Luke yelled out.

Ashton opened the door and walked in, seeing Luke curled up under the covers.

"Baby, what is this about?" Ashton asked quietly, stroking Luke's back gently.

"Does that man not know you're gay or something?" Luke asked, getting straight to the point.

"No- I mean, yes he does. Why?" Ashton answered.

"Why did you say I was your 'friend' when it's been made pretty clear that I'm more than you're friend?" Luke asked, tears of anger in his eyes.

"To be fair Luke, I never really asked you to be my boyfriend." Ashton mumbled.

Luke's angry tears quickly turned to tears of sadness.

"But- what about that talk of baggage and our little family? Was that all just utter bullshit?!" Luke asked, raising his voice as his tears left streaks down his cheek.

"No-" Luke cut Ashton off.

"I see. You just don't care." Luke said.

"I never-" once again cut off by Luke, "Whatever Ashton. I need to go get Archer."

"Luke." But Luke was already out of the bedroom door.

Ashton groaned and flopped back on the bed.

-

"Archer lets go." Luke called as he walked into the daycare.

"Okay." Archer mumbled solemnly.

"Bye Archie." The little raven haired boy called.

Archer went over and hugged him for a good moment before walking over to his father.

He held his hand and walked out with his head down.

As Luke was putting Archer in his car seat, he looked at him and sighed.

"Archer I'm sorry. I should have told you sooner." Luke said.