2.2. The memory remains

"Put her on the bed" Caitlin instructed. She grabbed her white lab coat and threw it over her shoulders. Barry did as told and laid Quinn down on the bed.

"What happened to her?" Cisco asked as he took a stand next to the bed.

"I don't really know. I do know that it was something Dr. Horror did. He seemed pretty convinced that she would die" Barry replied.

"Does she?" Cisco asked, looking at Caitlin.

"No. But she's in some sort of shock. She'll be fine though. You two should figure out what did this to her". Barry nodded and walked out off the medical wing. Cisco who stood at the door looked at Quinn one more time and followed the speedster.

When Quinn awoke, Barry was sitting in a chair next to the bed. "Hey, how are you feeling?" he asked. The girl sat up and looked around.

"Tired with a massive head ache".

"That'll disappear" Barry smiled.

"Look Barry. I'm sorry. Going in there on my own was a mistake. I wasn't ready for it. It nearly got me killed" Quinn started.

"Shh. You don't have to apologize. It's okay. We'll train you".

"Yes, we will" Caitlin said as she walked in. She was followed by Cisco and Wells. "Your vitals are back to normal, but you hid your head pretty heard. You will feel that pain for a little while". Quinn smiled at her.

"Do you remember anything, Miss Daniels?" Dr. Wells asked. Quinn shook her head.

"All I remember was seeing my dad and then it was darkness".

"Wait, you saw your dad? But he died right?" Cisco asked.

"More like brutally murdered, but yes. Though it was not really my dad. More like a ghost".

"Are you sure?" Caitlin asked. Quinn nodded.

"I feel like I'm in the sixth sense. I see dead people".

"I think I know how Dr. Horror does his work" Cisco said. Everybody looked at him. "See, I think the dark matter gave him the power to control spirits, and with them he can manipulate someone's mind. Show them terrible images. Make them live their greatest fears". 

"So now we're in Ghostbusters?" Quinn asked. 

"Love that movie, and yes. You could say so" Cisco replied. "I think I might be able to create something to stop him from getting into your mind, also for Barry".

"I'll help you with that" Dr. Wells said.

"I'm gonna go inform Joe. You stay here and take some rest" Barry spoke, grabbing Quinn's hand and brushing his thumb over it. Cisco's expression changed and he looked away. He didn't want to see it. He liked this girl and seeing her around other guys, especially the Flash made him sad.

"Mr. Ramon!" Harry yelled. Cisco shook up from his thoughts and looked around the room. Barry was already gone, Caitlin was behind her desk and Quinn was looking at him with worried eyes.

"On my way" Cisco mumbled as Dr. Wells rolled out of the room. Cisco was about to follow him when Quinn stopped the engineer.

"Are you okay?". Cisco turned around and walked over to the bed. 

"I'm fine. Just worried about you".

"Don't. It was my own stupid fault to go in without Barry. I thought I could do it, proof myself to you guys. Guess I failed at it".

"No you didn't. Don't be so negative about yourself. You did great, you were so fearless to go in there without anyone at your side. It was your first mission on your own and you did great. Things like this can happen. Barry didn't do perfect on his first mission. Quinn, you're honestly the strongest woman I've met" Cisco said, crossing his arms. Quinn looked down at her hands and blushed. Cisco was the first guy who ever gave her a compliment like that.

"Mr. Ramon, you have something to do!" The voice of Dr. Wells yelled. Cisco sighed and cursed under his breath.

"Shut it Harry!". Quinn chuckled and Cisco turned back to her. "Well, you heard it. Gotta go, please take some rest". The boy spun around and speed walked out of the room.

-

A few hours later Cisco was still sitting in his work room when Quinn walked in. She was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a STAR labs sweater. Beyoncé's Crazy In Love was filling the silence. The boy moved his head along the music and quietly sang along. "Well, you listen to catchy music". Cisco jumped into the air. "Didn't know I was that scary" Quinn laughed, taking a seat on the opposite of Cisco's desk.

"No, just extremely quiet. I see you got some color in your face".

"Been running on the treadmill. Caitlin said that I was free to go. You want to get something from Big Belly Burger?" the girl asked.

"Nope. I gotta finish these things" Cisco replied, holding up so metallic blocks.

"Oh well. I'll ask Barry. Good luck though". Elementis stood up and walked out, leaving Cisco behind. The boy slammed his fist onto the table. Why did he always have to ruin everything. Now it was Barry who got to go with her to get some food. He took a deep breath and sighed, picking up his tweezer and poking it into the earpiece.