[Chapter Fifteen] Addison

There's just something obvious about emptiness,
                      even when you try to convince yourself otherwise. 

                                                ― Sarah Dessen Lock and Key

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fifteen – Addie

"Come on Addie, I know you can pull through this. Please be okay" the voice sounded so far away but all I could see was black. I didn't know where I was but the pressure on my hand told me I wasn't alone. The voice faded farther and farther away until it all god dark again

"We all miss you, please come back to us." That same voice spoke again, but I couldn't figure out who it belonged to. It seemed familiar but not at the same time. I couldn't place a face to the voice, maybe I just didn't know who was talking.

"Addie. Please wake up. We all need you to wake up. No one knows what to do; I don't think we will know until you wake up." The voice each time seemed to get louder, but each time it faded away. It was so close but so far away. I just wanted to reach out to it, but I couldn't move and then the black would cave around me again.

"Shut up bitch" he struck me in the face and I fell to the ground.

"Please don't" I whimpered and backed away

"I thought I told you not to talk." He slapped me again and I held my cheek "Keep your mouth shut" I got up and ran I didn't know where I was going but I ran anyways. I knew that it would make it worse, but I ran anyways.

And then I wasn't running anymore and there was another body on top of me. my face slammed into the ground and everything went blurry. I cried out in pain and then I was turned on my back. my shirt was ripped from my body and my shorts were cut from me.

I felt the blade pierce my skin and the blood oozing down my leg.                                              

"Please don't do this" I started crying helplessly as I heard the sound of a zipper. I couldn't see everything was so unfocused. And then I saw his face.

"No one's going to stop me this time, no one's going to save you. He's not coming, he doesn't care about you anymore, and none of them do."

I screamed this time because he was right, no one was going to help me this time. I closed my eyes and cried in pain as he did everything he wanted to do. I was done fighting, it wasn't worth it. nothing was worth it anymore.

"Addie, come on Addie, open your eyes" a voice encouraged me and I gripped onto their hand and felt the tears coming from my eyes. "Come on, open them. You can do it."

I didn't know what I was doing, everything felt foreign but I tried and tried and finally opened my eyes and then closed them with a groan at the bright lights.

Things got darker "Okay, now open them" he told me and I did that. It was still bright, but bearable.

"I'll go get the doctor." He went to leave and I dug my nails into his hand and shook my head.

"Liam" I said and the word sounded weird coming from my mouth

"You said my name" he said slowly and sat back down. "You talked, and you remember me?" I nodded. "Talk again"

I tried to speak but nothing came out again. I don't know why I could before.

"It's okay. Don't push it. I'm here. Are you in pain?" he asked and I thought about it, and nodded.

"Do you remember what happened?" he asked in a strained voice and I looked down and nodded.

"Can I get the doctor? You need to be looked at. It's been six days." My eyes widened, it's been six days!

"I'm going to go, I'll be right back, okay?" he asked and I nodded. He left and came back within a minute with a man.

"She said she remembers everything, she knows who I am, and she's in pain."

Here, just write down your answers. The doctor handed me a pad of paper and a pen.

"Where does it hurt?"

"Head, arm, leg, stomach. Everywhere."

"Okay, we can up the dose a bit. So you remember everything?" I nodded "What's your name?"

"Addison"

"Who's right there?: he pointed at Liam

"Liam"

"Who are you living with?"

"My aunt, uncle, Faith, Kalila and Asher. And my puppy."

He went on to ask me things like the month, my birthday, and a bunch of random questions while Liam was on the phone. Not long passed and mine and Liam's family filed in to the room and the doctor left.

They all looked so worried and I felt guilty that I worried them, I didn't mean to and they didn't have to worry about me, they barely knew me.

Liam told them to back up a bit and he came closer to me. I just watched him as he moved to me. I reached out a hand to him and he smiled and placed his in mine.

"Can we hug you?" he asked and I sat up with his help and wrapped my arms around him. It was a long hug but he was gentle with me and when he pulled back everyone took a turn to come and hug me, even Liam's family.

"You should go home and sleep, you all look tired, especially Kaylis and Faith."

"We'll be back in the morning sweetie, get some sleep" Aunt Lalan kissed my forehead and they all left, except Liam

"Get some sleep" he smiled down at me and I shook my head in fear. I didn't want the nightmares that I knew would be waiting for me.

"Will you lay with me?" I asked him and he hesitated but agreed. I scooted over and he lay beside me. I curled up into his side and wrapped my casted arm around him. He wrapped his arms around me and played with my hair. I tried to fight it, but I fell right to sleep.

I felt safe with him; I knew he would fight anything that tried to hurt me. And the nightmares didn't come back.