1

Percy's POV:

It was almost two whole weeks after the war with Gaea, and the camp was being rebuilt quicker than we'd hoped.
Everything was looking up for us demigods, Leo had come back on Festus, with Calypso, Coach Hedge had retired, Frank and Hazel would be visiting soon, and camp Jupiter was looking great. Calypso was even there, helping organize some visits, from camp to camp.
I was at the beach, just me and my thoughts, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Looking up, I saw a smiling Annabeth, her blonde hair was pulled back into a braid. She was wearing the normal orange Camp-Half-Blood T-shirt and tan shorts, with her beaded necklace around her neck.
"Come on Seaweed Brain," she said jokingly, "you're gonna miss dinner."
"Sorry Annabeth," I replied, standing up, and shaking the sand off my shorts. "I lost track of time."
"Didn't you hear the horn?" She asked me. I shook my head. I hadn't heard anything.
Annabeth just smiled. "I swear Percy, you'd loose your head if it wasn't attached."
I laughed, "You wouldn't let me-" I was cut off by a sudden thought. It sent chills down my spine, but for a moment, I thought of...
"Percy?" I heard Annabeth's voice. "Percy, are you okay? What's wrong?"
She was snapping her fingers in front of my nose, trying to get my attention.
"What?" I said, confused as to what just happened.
"Are you okay?" She asked, the worry in her voice showing on her face.
"Yeah," I said, "I'm fine." I didn't know if that was true, but I couldn't just sit there letting Annabeth worry about me.
"Okay..." she said, still unsure. " Well, we'd better get to the dining pavilion, or we'll miss dinner."
"Right," I said, walking forward.
I'm glad she didn't bring up the incident, if she had, I'm not sure what I would've said. I could've tried lying, but she usually sees right through that kind of thing. But I also couldn't tell her the truth about it either. I didn't want her to be scared over nothing. The war with Gaea is over, we deserve a break.
We made it to the dinning pavilion and burned some food for the gods, then Annabeth sat down at the Athena table, leaving me to the Poseidon table with Grover.
My brother, Tyson, was in Poseidon's palace, making swords and armor for the summer, so I wouldn't be seeing him for a while, but we still Iris messaged all the time.
Grover looked up as I sat down across from him. "Hey Grov,"
"Hi Percy. What's wrong?" Grover gave me a worried look, and I remembered something. Satyrs can read emotions.
"It doesn't matter." I replied.
"Percy." He said, in an accusing tone. "Tell me the truth."
"I told you, it's nothing." I said, growing agitated.
"Percy." He protested. "I know something's wrong, just tell me already."
I cursed under my breath.
"There's nothing wrong." I say, "just leave me alone.
"No, not until you tell me what's bothering you."
"No!" I say, getting up and walking away. I could hear Grover calling after me, but I didn't care. I walked straight to my cabin, and lay down on my bed.
It took a few hours, but I eventually got tired, and fell asleep, only to be welcomed by nightmares of everything I've been through. I saw the war with the Titans, Gaea, and even going through Tartarus. There were flashes or the worst moments of his life, and I was reliving the pain.
I felt like there was nothing good left in the world. Then I thought of Annabeth. She was something good. I held onto that thought, as the dream went on, and they didn't seem so bad anymore.