17

Sorry that this chapters a little short, I'll try to update soon. Enjoy!

Grover's POV:

I was walking in the woods with Juniper, and Nico, when I tripped on a large tree root, kicking up dirt as my hooves slit across the soft earth. Right were my left hoof had scooped up dirt, there was a small rock. Or at least, I think it was a rock.
It was a glowing purple stone, about the size of a small pebble, with a symbol etched onto it.
Looking closer, I saw that the symbol was a scale, with an infinity sign on one side, and a feather on the other. Odd.
I got up, and showed the others the odd stone, right before bending over, and picking it up. As I straightened, I noticed it was a lot heavier than I'd thought. I got really dizzy, and heavy.
"Grover!" I heard Juniper shout. Someone grabbed the stone from me, and I immediately started feeling better.
When my vision cleared, I saw a very concerned looking Juniper, and Nico, who was looking at the glowing stone in his hands.
"This is bad." He mumbled.
"What?" I asked. "How come that thing isn't effecting you like it was me?"
Nico looked up. "I'm not sure, but I know this isn't good." He answered vaguely, "We should get this to Chiron."
Juniper and I nodded and headed back with Nico, who was still looking at the glowing stone.
When we got to the camp, Nico and I headed for the Big House while Juniper hung back with some wood nymphs.
Chiron was sitting outside in his wheelchair, talking with Dionysus, but they both stopped when they saw Nico and I walking towards them. I also noticed them both stiffen when they saw what Nico was holding.
"Where did you get that?" Chiron asked, eyes darkening.
"We found it in the woods." I replied. "I picked it up, and it sort of...drained me. I'm not sure how to describe it."
Chiron nodded and Mr. D went to Olympus. Now I'm really worried. He never goes home unless it's a real emergency.
"So..." Said Nico cautiously. "What is it?"
Chiron sighed, and he's turned us to follow him inside. "That," he said, once we were inside the Big House, "is an incredibly dangerous weapon. It was formed with the combination of Greek, Egyptian, and Norse magic.
"The scale and the feather represent the Egyptian weighing of the soul, and the infinity symbol shows the immense power it holds. It would take great power to destroy it, not even a god can."
"Then why'd it effect me like it did?" I asked.
"The feather is a human soul."Chiron explained. "Only those with a soul can gain power from it, those others without souls, like satyrs it nymphs, for example, are weakened. Sadly, that is all I know. The knowledge of the Imperium Stone was lost before even I was born. What you hold in your hand is even older than Zeus.
"The only reason I recognize it is because of the symbols on the scale."
Looking closer, I saw that he was right. On the scale we're several different Sybil's, some being Greek, and others I assumed were Egyptian and Norse.
"So people could use this for power?" I asked. If this got into the wrong hands, that'd be very bad.
"Theoretically." Chiron replied. "Most of the knowledge of the stone was lost before Zeus and the gods, in the time of the titans."
I nodded, and Nico narrowed his eyes. I could tell we were all thinking the same thing, that Ouranos was there, before the titans.
"We need to keep this someplace safe." Said Nico, and Chiron and I both agreed. We were trying to think of a safe place for it when Dionysus showed up, Zeus Poseidon and Hades now with him.
Dam...

Quiz time!

Q: Grover likes what cheezy food the best?