28

Will's POV:

"Okay," said Dionysus. "What have you done so far to treat him?"
"Well, we burned Ouranos from Percy's soul. After that, I have given him some mild sedatives but other than that, we didn't really know what to do other than to ask you for help." I explained.
Dionysus was looking at me in slight shock. "When you say you burned Ouranos out, you don't mean the theoretical treatment of-"
"Telesphorus? Yeah, I do." I replied.
"My boy, maybe I should be looking at your mind instead of your patient's." Dionysus said. "The theory of Telesphorus is the worst idea of a treatment I have ever heard in all my years of beings a god. Now, if we were talking about torchere, however, you'd be the first one I'd call."
I sighed. "I knew the risks, but if we hadn't, Ouranos could have taken over Percy again and we'd have been right back to where we started!"
"Well," said Dionysus. "I suppose you do have a bit of a point. Still, this is going to be a challenge, restoring his sanity. What you used on him was very powerful magic, and has more consequences than you could possibly comprehend. We were lucky that Mrs. McKeen could calm him down."
"Her name is McLean." I corrected him. "And yes, I knew there would be unforeseen consequences, but my father and I both agreed that it would be a risk worth taking if it meant saving Olympus!"
"You may have saved Olympus from Ouranos," Dionysus countered. "But not so much from Percy. One more of his little episodes and the whole place could crumble!"
I nodded. "What can we do?" I asked.
"There's only two things we can do." Dionysus explained. "We either fix him, or kill him."

Piper's POV:

Will had asked me to stay with Percy in case he woke up again and started to panic.
So far, my charmspeak was holding strong, and he was fast asleep. I'd told him to dream something good and happy, though I'm not sure if it worked or not. For Percy's sake, I hope it did. He deserves a good dream after all of this. Maybe we all did.
I looked over to Percy, and saw him smile slightly, and mumble in his sleep. Something about Annabeth.
That brought a smile to my own face. Percy was so sweet, he didn't deserve all the pain he'd been through.
But maybe that was why he was so sweet. After all we've all been through, he still cares for everyone more than he does himself. As I thought about that, I couldn't help but wonder if he'd be the same kindhearted, caring, lovable Percy we know today.
Or would he be someone else?
Would he be cold and cruel? Or scared and weak? Would he lose that puppy-like look in his eyes that made him look like a baby seal?
Or maybe he'd be that same.
There really was no telling how he'd have turned out if he wasn't a half blood. But then, his mother had raised him good, so maybe he'd still be Percy.
I tried, but even though I had a good imagination, I just couldn't see Percy being scared. Ouranos had given me a good image of Percy being cruel and heartless, but never scared or weak in any way. Not Percy.
I heard a soft groan, and looked back to where Percy was laying on the bed. I had been so wrapped up in my own thoughts, that I hadn't noticed when he began to stir.
"P-Piper?" He asked groggily.
"Hey Percy." I replied. "How're you feeling?"
He looked around, finally recognizing his surroundings, then let his eyes go back to where I was sitting. "Um..." he said. "I don't know. Better, I think..." but he still sounded confused and uncertain.
"What happened?" He asked.
I paused, and thought about how to explain without blaming him. I knew I had to be gentle, but I was sure if there was even a way to gently say he almost tore down Olympus, again, because of a nightmare.
"Well," I began slowly. "You had a nightmare, so I came in here and calmed you down a bit..."
He looked at me, more awake now. "But there's more, right?" He asked. "There was something else that happened?"
He made it sound like a question, but I could tell he was starting to remember causing the earthquake. Maybe he just wanted me to confirm it or something. I took a deep breath, and steeled myself. "Well, yeah. You were confused, and sort of panicked, and you accidentally caused a earthquake." I explained. I hadn't meant to, but all of what I said came out fast and in a huff, like it'd been waiting a long time to come out.
Percy just nodded, but he looked pale and dazed, sort of like he was going to be sick.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
Percy nodded again, but wouldn't look at me, or say anything.
Suddenly, Percy bent over the bed, quickly grabbing the wastebasket that was next to his bed, and emptied the content of his stomach into it.
Went to sat back up, his skin looked a little more normal, but he still looked worried and dazed.
I helped him clean up, and disposed of the vomit. When I came back into the room, Percy was staring blankly at a wall.
"You okay?" I asked, knowing the answer.
He nodded.
Liar.
"I know you're not." I say, not excepting any lies.
After a moment, he looked up at me, fear and worry in his sea-green gaze. "Did I hurt anyone this time?" He asked like he'd done it before, which, in Percy's mind, he had.
I sighed, and settled myself next to him on the bed. "No," I said, wrapping my arm around his shoulders. "No, you didn't hurt anyone."
A tear fell down his cheek, then another, and another. Pretty soon, he was sobbing, weeping on my shoulder.
"Shh." I said, rubbing his back in an attempt to comfort him. "It's not your fault. None of this is your fault Percy."
After a while, I felt him begin to relax, and looked down. Percy was falling asleep, tears still making their way down him face.
When he was fully asleep, I gently guided him down so that his head lay on his pillow, then I pulled a blanket over him, and sat back down in my chair beside his bed.
I'd never seen that side of Percy before. I'd never even seen him cry. Not like that. He wasn't acting like the fearless leader I'd known for so long.
No, instead, he was scared.
He was...broken.