Opening Night

AJ's POV:

Today was opening day of the season. Houston were playing tomorrow so we were gonna watch mom play tonight. 

"Cari's coming over." Mama said. 

"Cool." I said. "Is she bringing food?"

"Does she even bring food?"

"Yeah with her when she leaves."

Mama started laughing. "I love you."

I smiled and sat back down on the couch. "Is mom gonna call before the game?"

"She said she was going to." Mama came and sat with me and CJ. "You gonna wish her good luck?"

"Yep!" I said unzipping my jacket. "And I'm ready." Mom sent Breakers jerseys with her name and number for me and CJ to wear.

Mama's teammates started showing up. "AJ she's calling." Mama said. She answered and mom was on the screen. "Hey babe."

"Hi beautiful." She said. She was outside.

"Where are you?"

"Just getting to Jordan Field." She said. "I literally just parked. Brooke! Brooke hold the damn door! Bro- you piece of shit." She started laughing. 

"Hi mom!"

"Oh hey AJ. Don't repeat any of that." She said opening a door and going inside.

"I won't."

"Brooke still annoying?" Rachel asked from behind me.

"SHUT UP RACHEL!" I heard in the background.

Your POV:

"Aw look at mama bear. Talking to her cubs." Julie said. Everyone looked at her. "Yeah that was weird."

"I have a surprise for the boys." I said. "Look." I held up my wrist. I got AJ and CJ tattooed on my wrist with a heart in the middle. 

For my boys.

"Mom that's our names!"

"It is." I said. "Now I have you two with me wherever I go." I smiled. 

"Get Morgan next." 

"Yeah ok." I said. "I gotta head out for warm ups. AJ you be good for mama. Morgan be good for AJ." 

"Bye!" AJ yelled.

"He always like that?" Brooke asked.

"Yeah. That's my child." I smiled. "But he's perfect. Wouldn't change a thing."

AJ's POV:

"And we are underway from Jordan's Field. It's the Boston Breakers facing off against the Orlando Pride in the 2023 NWSL season opener."

"Go mom!" I yelled.

"Mommy!" CJ clapped. 

I smiled. "CJ!"

"Poop!" 

"Ok." 

The game was back and forth. Mom was really trying for a goal.

"The Breakers with a new addition up top. Y/N Brian, traded from Houston during the offseason. Played with Houston for most of her career and was one of their best players. Was trading her the right thing for the Dash?"

"No." Mama said. "She should've stayed!"

"No. I think Houston are losing out on a fantastic player, who's still very young. But they wanted what Boston offered. Boston won this one."

"Stout with the goal kick. Up the field to Krieghoff. Now it's Brian on the ball. She'll shoot it! And it's in! Welcome to Boston Y/N Brian."

She jogged to the corner flag and kissed her wrist.

"That's where her tattoo is!" I yelled. 

"She loves you boys." Cari said. "Very much."

"I love her too." I said. "Right CJ?"

"Love mommy!"

"YOU CAN SAY THAT BUT YOU CAN'T SAY AJ!"

"POOP!"

Who loves AJ and Colton's sibling bond? Will Colton ever say AJ or will he call his brother poop forever?