Missed You

Your POV:

I sat in the car. "Today is the day." Morgan sighed. "Moving him into his dorm. Leaving him there. 3 kids becoming 2."

I put my head on the steering wheel. "You just had to remind me." 

We shipped most of his stuff to California already. Today we were all flying out to California. "Even for this, he's late." I sighed and got out of the car. "AJ! Come on!" I went back into the house. "Speed it up, kid." I went into his room.

He was sitting on his bed. 

"What are you thinking about?" 

"Everything." He said. "My whole life was you and mama. Now you guys won't be around every day." He looked up. "What if I can't handle it?"

I sat next to him. "Listen to me. When I went to college, I was scared too. I had only been with Hope for a year before I moved in, but it still wasn't easy. It's gonna be rough at first I'm not gonna lie to you. You'll miss home, you'll miss your brother and sister, me and mama, Hope and Kelley, everyone. You'll stress out about the future, even though it's only your 1st year. You are growing up, AJ. It's ok to be scared about that, you've had me and mama around to help you for years but just because you'll be in California doesn't mean we won't still be there. You need us, call. No matter what time it is, you call me and I will be there. You are my son and I will always be there to help you."

He nodded. "What if I just want to call to hear your voice?" He asked.

"No matter what time." I said. "Call me." 

He smiled and hugged me. "I love you, mom."

"I love you too, AJ." 

We went outside and got in the car. "Ok. Let's go!" Morgan said. 

Once we got to California we drove to the campus. After looking over all his options, AJ decided to attend USC.

Like Ryan. 

We got him moved into his dorm and then got ready for the hard part.

Saying goodbye. He was at the car with us. 

"Don't get arrested." Colton said hugging his big brother. 

"Thanks for the advice." AJ smiled. "Listen to these two." He pointed to us. "They are the best parents ever."

"Duh, I know that already." Colton got in the car. "Love you, big bro."

"Love you too CJ." Sara pulled on his hand. AJ picked her up. She gave him a big hug. "Don't worry. I'll visit as much as I can." He said to her. 

"Ok." He put her down and she got in the car. 

"Well." Morgan said. "No drugs, no drinking, please don't do what Mal did." She sighed. "Just make us proud ok?"

"I always have, mama." He hugged her. 

"Love you."

"Love you too." He said. She got in the car. "Well, Y/N."

"Don't."

He laughed. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For giving me a chance all those years ago. No one else did, but you guys did. I'm going to college, playing for a national team, I have a future now because of you guys."

"You were so adorable, how could we not bring you into our family?" I smiled. "Stay like this. Thankful for every opportunity you get. Don't take anything for granted. Always be respectful, please. We raised you to be a nice young man."  

He nodded. I hugged him. "Call whenever you want. Except for when you need money."

He laughed. "Got it." 

"Alright." I stepped back. "We're gonna get going. You have everything?"

"Yeah." 

"Ok. You sure?" 

"Yes, mom." He smiled.

"OH! Use protection!" Morgan stuck her head out of the window.

"Jesus ma." He sighed. 

"Morgan." I laughed. "Shh." 

She laughed and rolled up the window. 

I looked at my oldest son. "Remember, say no to drugs, say yes to chicken."

"Always." 

I hugged him one more time and walked to the driver's side. "Love you."

"Love you too." He walked away. I watched him jog over to a girl and her family. "Let me help with those." He said taking some bags.

I got in the car.

"Our son." Morgan laughed. We drove away and got ready to head back to Georgia. While waiting for the flight back home my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Mom?"

"AJ? What's wrong?"

"I missed you." 

THE NEW STANFORD GIRL ADVENTURE IS OUT! IT'S CALLED STANFORD GIRL 2 RIGHT NOW CAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO CALL IT!