Welcome to Atlanta

AJ's POV:

July 5th.

Yeah I know what you're thinking.

It IS my birthday!

Yeah yeah I was born July 5th 2015. The day we won the World Cup. 

To make it cooler, my mama is one of the players from that team!

"AJ WAKE UP IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!" Mom walked into my room, throwing the door open. 

"Shhh."

"No." She said. "I'm the parent. You listen to me." 

"I'm 10 now. You have no power here."

She laughed. "Until you turn 18, I have power. And it is your birthday I CAN BE AS LOUD AS I WANT!"

"Y/N! SHUT UP!" 

"Who's that?"

"That would be your uncle."

"Jay's here!"

"Yep. Came just for your birthday." 

I got out of bed and ran downstairs. "UNCLE JAY!" I ran to him.

"AJ. Happy birthday. How's it feel to be 10?"

"Great." 

"I heard the birthday boy!" 

"Uncle Mateo!" I hugged him too. "I thought you were in Spain?"

"I was but did you really think I was gonna miss your birthday?"

"Probably, you missed moms!"

"Well she's my sister, you are my nephew!"

"Feelin the love."

"I didn't even know I had a sister until 2 years ago." He said. "I don't know how to sibling. I always thought I was an only child."

"Well surprise." Jay smiled.

"We ain't even blood, bro."

"Rafael took me into his family cause mine sucked. I may not be blood, but I'm still family." 

"And you're all attractive." Mama shook her head. "I hate you guys."

Kelley and Hope came over for dinner. Along with grandma and grandpa. I blew out my candles. 

"AJ mom told me you're gonna join the Atlanta academy?" Kelley asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I'm gonna be on the U-12 team." I said. "This one is permanent though. Even if mom gets traded."

The week after my birthday was finally the day.

"Welcome to the Atlanta United youth academy. See some new faces to the team, but not to the sport. I'm gonna put you into your age groups."

He started putting everyone into age groups. "Alexander Brian." He called. I walked to him. "U-12s." 

I joined the group. They were a bit taller than I was. "Look at this one." Oh of the boys said. "How old are you? 7?"

"I'm 10."

"10? You're the size of a new born." 

I looked down. "Hey you know who this is?" The coach ran over. "This is Alexander Brian. His moms are Y/N and Morgan Brian. US Soccer and NWSL legends. If I hear anyone else picking on him, you'll be cut from the team. We don't tolerate bullying here. Is that clear?"

"Yes sir." They all said. 

Your POV:

"Welcome to Atlanta." Emily said. She plays here too. 

"Teammate!" Mal ran over. Orlando traded her here for draft picks. She was just happy to have familiar faces around.

"Sup Pugh." Emily said.

"You know just ready to kill it in Atlanta." She smiled. "Imagine if Morgan never retired."

"She was playing her last season when the accident happened. The doctor didn't know she was gonna retire but told her it'd be best for her health and safety to retire." I said. "She can play with me and the kids outside but a full on 90 minute match? She's done." I said fixing my laces. 

"Unfortunately." Emily said. "Hey but I hear a certain someone is gonna be our goalkeeping coach."

"Kelley?" 

"Yes. Cause Kelley was a goalkeeper, come on Mal."

"She actually has trained in goal." I said. "I have a picture on my phone as prove." 

"After practice you are showing me this. I'll believe it then."

"Ladies! Welcome to practice. As some of you may know, our last goalkeeping coach had to step down due to a family emergency. We have found a replacement. Some of you might recognize her, even thought she'll mainly work with the keepers, I expect you all to respect her as another important part of this squad."

Hope stepped onto the field. "Yeah yeah. Clap away. Respect me, respect each other, work your asses off every single practice and I think we'll have a productive remainder of the season and next." She nodded. "Now enough talk lets get to work." 

Coach Solo? Is Kelley gonna have a coaching job? Or is she gonna come out of retirement? 

Who knows with my writing anymore.