13. The Champions

"I can feel the pressure, it's getting closer now. We're better off, without you" ~ Pressure, Paramore

"I don't believe it!" Ron says in a stunned voice, as we file back into the castle behind the Durmstrang party. "Krum! Viktor Krum!"

"For heaven's sake, Ron, he's only a Quidditch player," Hermione says.

"Only a Quidditch player?" Ron says, unable to believe his ears. "Hermione - he's one of the best Seekers in the world! I had no idea he was still at school!"

As we recross the Entrance Hall with the rest of the Hogwarts students, we can hear everyone freaking out about Krum. Several sixth-year girls are frantically searching for quills.

"Oh, I can't believe I haven't got a single quill on me! D'you think he'd sign my hat in lipstick?"

"Really," Tay says softly as we pass, all of them fighting over the lipstick.

"I'm getting his autograph if I can," Ron states, "you haven't got a quill, have you, Hayles?"

"No, they're upstairs with my things."

We walk over to the Gryffindor table and sit down. Ron takes care to sit on the side facing the doorway because Krum and his fellow students are still deciding about where to sit. But when the Beauxbatons students come and sit at our table, Ron's dreams are crushed. Especially when he sees Krum sitting down at the Slytherin table with Draco and his goons.

"Tessa! Riley!" Tay exclaims, literally jumping out of her seat in excitement and flinging her arms around two Beauxbatons students. Tessa's very tall for a girl, perhaps even Ron's height, and has long orange hair. It appears to be dyed, since it's a much more intense red than Ron's. Riley, on the other hand, is quite possibly the tallest person I've ever seen and has short brown hair which has been styled in a wave-like style. Both are very attractive, and judging by his hand resting on her hip, I assume they're a couple.

"Guys, guys," Tay says, pulling her friends down to sit, "this is Riley and Tessa. Riley and Tessa, this is Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger and Harry and Haylee-"

"Potter," the couple finish in unison, staring at our foreheads.

"Sorry," Tessa said, laughing slightly. "But you know, the scars, the hair, it's pretty obvious."

"We've heard a lot about you," I say, shaking their hands.

"Same," Riley says, "you're the ones who've been dragging Tay into all this drama. Drag us into some, if you like, nothing ever happens at Beauxbatons."

"The last five minutes have been more eventful than four years at Beauxbatons," Tessa adds bitterly.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and - most particularly - guests," Dumbledore says, beaming around at the foreign students. "I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope you trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable."'

One of the Beauxbatons girls gives what is unmistakeably a laugh.

"No one's making you stay," Tessa hisses at her.

"The Tournament will be officially opened at the end of the feast," Dumbledore says. "I now invite you all to eat, drink and make yourselves at home!"

As usual, the dishes in front of us fill with food, the House Elves, it seems, have been hard at work.

"What's that?" Ron asks, pointing to a large dish of some sort of stew.

"Bouillabaisse," Hermione says.

"Bless you."

"It's French, Haylee," Hermione says. "I had it on holiday, summer before last, it's very nice."