Chapter Four:

You and Charles were walking towards wherever dinner was going to be held but you couldn't take your mind off the fact that you could be a replacement, a replacement of someone with stronger abilities than you. "In the library earlier (Y/N), I couldn't help but notice that you were looking at a particular book." You turned your head around to face Charles and replied "Ah yes, that book." Charles grinned and stopped causing both of you to halt "I never knew that such a pretty girl like you would be interested in psychology, it is quite remarkable and rare. I like it. Tell me (Y/N) what sparked your interest for psychology?" You sighed. The memory you had tried long to forget was about to uncovered and shared for the first time since it was created, "Are you sure you want to hear?" Charles nodded and grinned as you and him resumed walked. 

"Before I ran away to Munich, In my home town there was an asylum called BriarCliff. It had been shut down for around 40 years according to my mother at the time but whilst others found it scary, weird and a waste of space. I thought it was interesting, full of history and alone. A look at the place was enough to give anyone the chills but to me it did that and more, it sparked my interest for psychology and the mass types of people who were admitted there. What was so wrong with them that made them admitted to BriarCliff? So during school hours I would spend my time in the library researching and studying all I could about the place and about the human mind, of course I got called a nerd a lot and had absolutely no friends." You stopped your story, before you got carried away and told the complete story.

"That was amazing, a truly incredible tale (Y/N) thank you for sharing it." Charles smiled and you returned one "You're welcome Charles." As you were telling the story you didn't notice that you and Charles had now arrived at dinner, "here we are my dear." Charles let you in first and you saw the team all laughing with bright smiles and being happy, like a family. You sat down in-between Raven and Banshee with Charles opposite you, Erik opposite Raven and Hank and Alex opposite Banshee. Charles smiled at you and all you could think was 'Thank you.' Charles' voice was in your head and replied 'You're welcome (Y/N), now stop thinking so loudly.' You looked up at Charles and he winked at you causing you to blush again, Alex went to go quickly get the food and very quickly returned. 

"Okay guys it's nothing too special because Charles' refrigerator is as empty as a fridge in a college dorm." Alex said as him and Banshee handed out a bowl of tomato soup each to everyone with a spoon inside, everyone started to eat the soup but you just stared. This was the first time you have had proper, hot and nice food in a long time. So instead of waiting, you followed everyone else and dug in, savouring every taste of the simple but tasty soup. Everyone was silent until Raven decided to spark up a conversation "So (Y/N), what was it like living in Germany?" You replied with a warm smile "Oh it was brilliant, the landmarks and towns were so fascinating too. Being homeless had its perks in a way, you could travel anywhere and live anywhere as long as it was realistic." Alex turned to look at you and joined in "So you know German?" you nodded and smiled "It was a fairly simple language to learn, most of it looks like the English words. But now I can speak fluently." Everyone including Erik turned their heads as a signal to speak German, "I was born in Dusseldorf, It was nice while it lasted." Erik stated, you replied in German "Dusseldorf war ein sehr schones Hotel, Ich war nur fur vier Tage, aber es war schon. (Dusseldorf  was a very nice place, I only stayed for four days but it was beautiful.)" Everyone gasped in unison and Charles grinned, Erik looked very impressed as if he gathering a reply. Of course he did. "Es war ein sehr schoner Platz, der Kreig machte es sehr verstruet und ein Ort des Verbrechens. (It used to be a very beautiful place, the war made it very scattered and a place of crime.)"  Your heart sank at the realisation, he was a victim. But not just any victim, an Auchwitz victim. You thought in your head that you should had never replied to him, as no one as but Charles maybe knew what you were both talking about. So you decided to end the conversation with a simple "Sie haben Recht, Ich entschuldige mich fur Erik zu erwahnen. (You are right, I apologise for mentioning it Erik.)"